Slowed....MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Afbar1114, Dec 3, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

My late 2011 MBP slowed down a bit...i really dont want to do a full restore but it seems like its my only option....any thoughts....

2. simsaladimbamba

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Page outs/swaps all at zero CPU no larger then 2.7

4. macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Exactly what has slowed down? You have an SSD.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just seems like its really slow. Web is very slow even at school and home.

6. simsaladimbamba

You mean www sites do load slow? Nothing else is slow?
    If that is the case, do you have any file sharing application active at the time of slowness?

7. macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Wifi connection is slow? Apps load slow? Boot is slow? What?

Listen...

If you don't take the time to describe your problem using more than a sentence at a time this will go on forever and you won't get much help

8. simsaladimbamba

That is what we are here and paid for. And this is nothing, I remember a case/thread with twenty or so posts until the OP finally told us what problem s/he had, in a thread called "Help". Sometimes it takes its time, often due to the OPs not knowing anything about computers. I wonder how automotive message boards get along or vacuum cleaning boards. Probably like 4chan over there.

9. macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

You get paid?!?! :eek:

10. simsaladimbamba

Don't we all? Aren't those points on the bottom right of our posts some kind of credit system, and if we accumulate enough (100 points are 1 credit), we can exchange that for a one day visit at a Skarran spa, though ten credits will get you two starbursts on a Levithan. That's what they told me anyways.

11. macrumors 6502

lol

mokeiko

12. macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

I've noticed a slowdown on my 17" early 2011. I have calendar agent using up to %134 of CPU processes. WTH!!??

13. macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

I thought that was my monthly MR bill!?!? :eek:

Meh. You get a spa... Arn mows my grass every 3 weeks.

14. simsaladimbamba

But I get to see Aeryn Sun in the sauna, though Scorpius is sitting right next to her.

Anyway, it seems the OP's Mac is too slow now to respond. Or we have too much time.

15. macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Admittedly, much better than watching Arn bend over to empty the grass bag. :eek:

I'm guessing it's his wifi. Even a sluggish SSD is fast. Perhaps his Safari cache hasn't been emptied since '05. Could be anything though. (Note obligatory and helpful on-topic comments)

16. thread starter macrumors 6502a

its been everything my wifi isnt slow because its really fast on my iPad....its the over all speed of safari...but maybe its the placebo affect and i think the whole computer is slow....

17. simsaladimbamba

Then what exactly is slow? Opening applications, switching tabs, switching applications, writing text, clicking something and waiting for the reaction? How many tabs are open in Safari? Does it happen in other browsers on the same sites (what exact sites) if it is only Safari related? What Mac OS X version do you use?
    Have you taken more than a look at the Performance Tips I linked to earlier? Can you be more precise as asked in the Maximise Your Troubleshooting Experience thread? Do you want to meet Grayza (though admittedly, she is very, very sexy)?

18. thread starter macrumors 6502a

seems like its better...but what is faster WIFI or ethernet...using the newest TC and FIOS 25/25MPS....

19. simsaladimbamba

Ethernet, but with your stated internet connection it does not matter, as even older WiFi is faster than your FIOS connection.

And this "seems like its better" is meant to show us, that you performed the performance tips or meant to show us, that the problem somehow went away?

And I guess, this thread will top the other thread mentioned in post #8 with getting any answers from you. Why not, it has been a year, and I probably deserve it.