SLVR L7 or RAZR v3i

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by airkarol, Sep 2, 2006.

1. airkarol macrumors 6502

I can't pick between the SLVR L7 and RAZR v3i. What do you suggest?

Thanks.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I like flip phones

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Neither. Motorola's suck and are overrated. Get a Sony Ericsson phone

4. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Why not a Nokia?

I hate Motorola phones (have a RAZR V3M at the moment). I've had battery problems with both of the Motrorolas I've owned and I really dislike the GUI.

Check on the durability of the SLVR -- the RAZR, as someone else said in one of our many cell phone threads, needs to be treated like glass.

5. zwida macrumors 6502a

zwida

Well, after the first couple of weeks with my SLVR L7, I started wanting my wife's RAZR v3i. I haven't had any issues with my SLVR (I know some have...), I just like the feel of her phone better.

Are you choosing based on functionality or aesthetics?

6. airkarol thread starter macrumors 6502

Well they both look great, I actually like the looks on the SLVR a little better. And the features seemed to be the same. I couldn't pick, I was looking at both features and aesthetics, and they seem equal, except for the camera in the RAZR. I don't care about the camera too much though, I have a digital camera to use.

7. RyuMD macrumors newbie

8. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

v3i, candy bar phones tend to get their screens smashed, my V3i is solid, old v3's were alu, new v3i's are made from gun metal and are allot more sturdy.

9. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

on pure looks i'd go with the V3i, it's definitely the more attractive of the two phones in my opinion. I'd have one if they were available in the states (other than buying one unlocked :p )

10. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i like flip phones....where can u get a v3i?
    I notice your from Long Island, what part, i too am from LI...

11. airkarol thread starter macrumors 6502

eBay :D

I'm from Hewlett... you?

12. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Hewlett? Okay... you need a Dolce & Gabbana v3i and a matching Juicy tracksuit to go with it.

Don't forget your 1952-inspired Louis Vuitton Lockit bag to carry your matching yorkie in!

Gotta love Long Island. :)

13. theman5725 macrumors 6502

I would go with the RAZR. As cool as the SLVR is the 100 song limit kills it, IMO.

14. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

There are ways around it you know.

My opinion is to get the SLVR. The RAZR has become such a "bandwagon" phone. Back when it came out, and was still expensive, I bought it. Very few people had it at the time, so it had excellent "wow" factor. Now, if you don't have a RAZR you're a rarity as it's no longer a rare sight. On the other hand, I rarely see SLVR's and actually prefer bar phones to flip phones.

15. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I'll give you the bar to flip thing. Just don't put anything in the same pocket - especially a coin.

16. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I have my RAZR, which is kept in a leatherette case. If a SLVR were similarly protected then it would be just as safe as a RAZR. Do not forget that the RAZR has an external LCD that's also subject to being easily damaged.

17. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Oh of course it is! I was just noting that when you have only ONE screen, it REALLY sucks to get it scratched up.

18. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I'm very protective with my gadgets so it's never much of a concern to me. My RAZR has little screen protector sheets cut for both the internal and external LCD's that I made from protectors for an old Sony CLIE by Fellowes. It all comes down to care. With that, and my case, there is not a single scratch on either LCD. The phone itself is a little worn, but that's to be expected after living in my pocket for several years.

19. airkarol thread starter macrumors 6502

You can put another version of iTunes on the phone which gives you a 1000 song limit.

haha.. that's true.. Where are you from?

I think I'm going to go with the SLVR. There is a $100 price difference and once the RAZR gets branded for Cingular, the price will drop a lot. The fuctions are the same except for the camera, but I have a nice digital cam so that's not a problem for me.

Thanks everyone for you advice.

20. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

I was going through the same thing you were trying to decide what phone to get. I went with a Sony Ericson w810i, one of there Walkman phones, and it's just amazing! It works flawlessly with my iMac. I can transfer songs, pictures, games, ringtones and files all with bluetooth, which supposedly you can't do with the RAZR. And with SyncTunes, I can sync iTunes playlists with my phone. It even has a 2 megapixel camera, which takes surprisingly decent shots.
    My only complaint about it is it's not a flip phone, which is why I really wanted the RAZR, but functionality wise, it's great!

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp...001&template=pp1_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10376

21. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog

22. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I have the L6, the slimmer but less-featured little brother of the SLVR.

The screen is amazing on this thing - could do with higher resolution but the glass simply will not scratch. If only they would make iPod nanos out of this stuff. It sits, unprotected with my keys in my pocket all day and there's not a scratch on it.

I HATE flip phones, HAAATE them, and whilst the UI and texting interface on the Moto phones suck I much prefer the L6 to the V3.

23. big macrumors 65816

big

LOVE the SLVR L7, and playing with the music is a plus.

24. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Philadelphia Suburbs - but I have many friends from Westchester and Long Island... I know the area.

25. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

dix hills....:rolleyes: