SLVR L7 with itunes... AWESOME!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacTruck, Apr 4, 2006.

1. MacTruck macrumors 65816

MacTruck

Just went to cingular today and added another line onto my account to get the new Moto SLVR L7 itunes phone. Umm, WOW! I have the razr and love it but this phone is untouchable. Its an ipod with a speaker for $99. Everyone that owns an ipod and has cingular needs to get this phone.

Now back to putting songs on it. He he.

2. strydr macrumors 6502

strydr

Ya, I bought one a few weeks ago. Never thought I'd like a iTunes phone (that's what the iPod is for), but found out (in the first 10 min. of ownership) just how great it is. Love the SLVR too.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What kind of battery life does it get for songs? I didn't realize this was already out...I'm intrigueled. :)

4. strydr macrumors 6502

strydr

mine gets charged every 4-5 days or so. I use iTunes maybe 3-5 hours during that time. Main reason I bought this phone was my old one (moto. v600) wouldn't hold a charge for more than 5 min.

5. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

$99? Where did you see that?

I see $199 WITH a 2 year contract extension at www.cingular.com

What a rip.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Thanks! :) That's less often than I charge my Nokia, just using it as a phone / contact book / calendar. :eek:

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If you own an iPod, why waste money on this phone? Maybe if you don't own an iPod.

It's a nice phone, but as long as it's a Cingular exclusive, I will not own it.

8. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I need a flip phone so i got the RAZR instead of the SLVR

9. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Same here. The SLVR does looks pretty cool- but with my RAZR and my 60GB iPod 5G I am quite content. :)

10. MacTruck thread starter macrumors 65816

MacTruck

Got to go to a cingular store. The deals at best buy, cingular on the web and cingular stores are all different. They also got the Razr for $49. Thats what I was going to get, reason I went there because I wanted the black one but I decided on the SLVR and so glad I did.

I have several ipods but the thing is my phone is ALWAYS with me so now my tunes are always with me as well. Plus my ipod doesn't have a built in speaker. I likey.

11. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

i would have easily broken the SLVR with how many times my phone drops -_-

hence why i had to get the RAZR cause i blew up my old phone

12. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Makes me want to switch to cingular even though their service is way worse here, but my verizon 2 year contract is almost up...hmmm

13. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

how well does it work?

Does it transfer songs quickly? Is the GUI responsive? Will it sync address book and iCal via iSync?

thanks

14. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

Motorola phones never have responsive GUIs so I think that answers that question. :p

15. MacTruck thread starter macrumors 65816

MacTruck

Believe it or not it IS VERY responsive, more so than the razr is for sure. There is a tiny bit of lag in itunes but its not bad at all, heck I get lag in my ipod 60gb video.

Transfer songs quickly? NO. USB 1.1. A major downfall of this phone but it only holds 100 songs so its not that bad because you just pick your favorites and move them over. BUT it comes with a 512mb sandisck memory card so you can just take it out and put your songs on it then stick it back in. Yeah!

Syncing? WOW. Its awesome. Bluetooth connectivity, USB drive support. You can send contacts to and from, files like mp3s and pictures and video all via bluetooth. Its badass.

Its just the greatest phone ever. If you have doubts go to cingular and buy one. YOu have 30 days to return it no questions asked. Its a no brainer.

16. Joined:
    Aug 20, 2005
    I'd love to have one, but having first-hand experience with how horrible Motorola's menu naviagation is - I'll never buy another Moto product.

17. macpastor macrumors regular

macpastor

When did they knock the price down to $99? I haven't found it under $150

18. ExileinBlonde macrumors member

My girlfriend and I just added another line and I got the SLVR L7, and I too love it. It's not as cool as my girlfriends Motorola Razr V3i with iTunes, but I really do like it!!

19. abates25 macrumors member

<yawn>

been doing all of this with my SE 750i for over a year now, plus it has a 'real' camera. Next.

20. brokinbyrd macrumors newbie

brokinbyrd

Did this phone resolve the issues with the ROKR, usb 1.1, dropped calls, random (and inconvientient freezing) . I've been eyeballing it for a while but i still have 16 months of my contract. Last 2 year contract i sign.

21. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

A friend at work has one, and I played with it a while when I was on break. The GUI is still somewhat slow and laggy, like it is on my razr. MP3s worked fine. I guess it's okay, if you find it inexpensive. The camera sucks, and it's not really as thin as I ghtough, I guess when they say it's thinner than the razr, I think they mean it's thinner than a CLOSED razr.

22. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Me too on my Nokia 6630. Hands down the best phone ive ever had with the 1.3 mp camera, and I get to record 1 hour of video. But that slvr phone is very cool looking. I'm not gonna lie i wish i had itunes on my phone..

23. abates25 macrumors member

Ahhh...the 6630...it is what I had before the K750...I do miss the symbian OS though. Now I'm waiting for the SE k790, and, if not tooo expensive, the SE M600. Such cool phones coming out these days...

24. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

$199 with a 2 year contract is a major rip off because you can buy an unlocked one with out a contract for $210...