SLVR Wont Work with Itunes! :(

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by videotape, Mar 2, 2007.

1. videotape macrumors newbie

So I've had my slvr for about a year now. I used it with a windows computer but recently switched to mac. However, when I plug my slvr into my macbook it only shows up as a file..itunes wont recognize it as an ipod. Is there anything i can do?! :confused: :confused: :confused:

THanks!

2. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Perhaps you need to format it? Try it under ipod utility? Not very good with the phones.

3. videotape thread starter macrumors newbie

that's what i was thinking but i have no clue how to do that... :(

4. cwensley macrumors newbie

What model do you have? I have the SLVR L7, and just plugged it in and voila. The 100 song limit is a bit of a bummer tho!

I also started up iSync and it instantly recognized the phone and now have the Address Book and iCal syncing quite nicely..

As for your problem, possibly because it is older? Make sure you get all the iTunes and osx updates. I don't know if this made any difference, but I have the 'enable disk use' checkbox on in iTunes, but that was after it recognized it.

Another thing to check is to use a powered USB port, since it is used to charge the phone. Try the USB right from the machine, not the port on the keyboard... and use the cable that came with the phone (some cables don't support the powered connections). (;

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Curtis.

5. videotape thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i have an l7 too. hmm... and when i plug it in, the computer recognizes it. i can look in my ringtones folder and stuff. It's just itunes wont recognize it.... :confused: :confused:

6. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

You need to format the card from inside the phone.

7. videotape thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm, how do i do that??