SMACK, POW -- Take that, Advo!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by MattG, May 23, 2005.

1. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Anyone else in here receive, on a weekly basis, that big wad of unkempt junk mail in your mailbox (I'm talking snail-mail, not email)? You know, it's printed on newspaper-style paper (sort of), the one you have to sift through each week in order to dig out your real mail? Chances are if you do, it's from Advo, the country's largest purveyor of unsolicited junk mail.

It's not only a nuisance, but what a waste of resources! I got so f***ing tired of it that I finally decided to do something about it. It took a few weeks and a prohibitory order from the USPS, but I'm finally off of their mailing list!! I know, doesn't seem like a big deal...but after lots of letters and phone calls, I consider it an accomplishment. I'm celebrating with a beer right now :) Check it out!

Attached Files:

• advo.jpg
      advo.jpg
      File size:
      133.3 KB
      Views:
  2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Nice! So basically, if you are not on Advo's list, then you will see a substantial reduction in junk mail? Hmmm....

3. MattG thread starter macrumors 68040

MattG

Well not all junk mail comes from them obviously, but they're the only ones who absolutely bombard me with junk. They're the only ones (and from what I've read, this is true for a lot of people) that send enough of it to me to warrant doing something like this!!