Small (5-10") lcd screen for eMac

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by cyanide, Feb 13, 2005.

1. cyanide macrumors regular

cyanide

Hey everyone, i am looking to use an external lcd screen and the screen spanning hack to have a sort of "Media Window" monitor mounted in my entertainment rack. It should be small, between 5-10 inches, and probably cheap would be good too. I am just wondering what interface most of these lcd screens use.. i am sure i will need some sort of adapter, but just thought i would ask before i ventured out looking for what all i will need.

2. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I'm going to be honest, I don't think I've EVER seen one that small. But, cool idea.

3. cyanide thread starter macrumors regular

cyanide

thanks all. any idea about functionality with os x as far as the touch screens go? i know our amazing os can usually pull anything off, but i am just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this sort of thing. i am guessing there would be a separate connection made to the computer via usb alongside the vga cable. any thoughts helpful.

4. GbV76 macrumors member

You could try taking a look around, or asking at, the MacCar forums over at MP3Car.com. http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=71 I've seen a few different types of touchscreens mentioned that apparently work well with OSX. There's a bunch of people working on installing a Mac mini in their car, so they should be able to help you out......