Small but annoying prob....

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jbrown, Apr 15, 2005.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

I use Mail and Address book ( storing all my contact ). Now I like the fact that Mail references my Addressbook contact. But it has an annoying habit of doubling the single names I use in AB, if I send an email to someone on my list.

Example - my friend Adam is in my list as 'AD' --- however, when I send him an email from Mail, in the email address field, if I type 'A', I'll get a list of my email contacts begining with A. I drop down to AD, and send the mail. All well and good so far.

Now, when I go back to AB - he's listed as ' AD AD '!! Why, and what can I do to stop this. Doubly annoying cause when I sync my phone, my phone then shows ' AD AD '

cheers for the help :D

2. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Change friends? :rolleyes:

Sorry, never happened to me before. weird. my contacts are just one time there.

3. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Is it 2 entries or just putting AD in the first and last name?

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    How is that user's email address set up both in your directory and in his 'sent from' field?

I know I've had a problem where for some unknown reason a friend has made their emails looks as if they come from firstnamelastname (run into one) with an address of name@friend.com . My Address Book has their name in firstname lastname and their address as name@friend.com.

But Mail shows them as
    firstnamelastname lastname
    when I try to send them messages. My Address Book did do this at one point but after editing it correctly, it hasn't changed it again.