Small Dog Electronic Experiences?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Emrtr4, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Emrtr4 macrumors regular

I currently have a PB that is in decent condition (it can handle surfing, ect) but I am going to be buying a Macpro this year (around this spring but will be willing to wait for rumored updates up through the early summer).
    My question is, has anyone here used Small Dog electronics to purchase their products?
    I have heard good things about them but am not sure about buying a whole apple computer system from them. If anyone has any advice, thank you.

2. Dave00 macrumors 6502a

I've purchased from them several times, starting in 2000, and have had nothing but good experiences. Bought my PowerBook G3 from them. Now, I haven't ordered from them in a good 2-3 years, but I doubt much has changed.

Dave

3. oldMac macrumors 6502a

Small Dog is Great

I've purchased various things from them in the past, but never a computer. My impression has always been a very positive one.

4. kermit4161 macrumors regular

I bought a monitor from them back in 2000 and recieved excellent service from them. I know they are frequently listed on Dealmac.com as having great deals too. They are one of the internet resellers that I trust.

5. washingtony macrumors newbie

washingtony

Go for it

They're great. I've been using them since - okay yer dating me there - 1993? when I bought a radius pivot display from them. since then, probably a dozen desktops, a handful of powerbooks and 2 xserves. And a whole HERD of small stuff.

Needless to say I'm a Top Dog club member, which means once a year i'll browse the bonus goodies and add them onto an order for free. Oh, and no sales tax is GREAT.

With every box shipped, you get a couple of small plastic doggies. Mine are all lined up on a shelf in my workshop.

WT

6. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Small Dog is an amazing operation. 100% good deals and good people.

They have two physical locations now, both near where i live in Vermont. The marketing director of the Burlington store is a family friend, and doing good things. I'd totally suggest buying through them.

7. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat