Small External HD Recommendations

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by FadeToBlack, Mar 2, 2007.

1. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I think it's time I buy an external HD. I've never had one before, so I figured I'd try and get some recommendations before I buy.

I'd like to have a drive that works with both USB2 and FireWire that has a nice, small form-factor. The reason I want a small form-factor is because I plan on putting it in a Fire-proof safe and the space is tight in there as it is.

I'd like one with 60GB or so of space. Anyone know of any good recommendations, as I really don't know where to start. Thanks in advance.

2. JDN macrumors 6502a

If you want to save on space, have you thought of getting a mobile external HD? For Example: LaCie Mobile Hard Drive, Design by F.A. Porsche...60-160Gb
    Small, big capacity and reliable.

I have also heard about WD doing some good small external drives. I guess it depends how small you mean by small.

I think Freecom do some small drives too, but im not sure they use firewire.

3. FadeToBlack thread starter macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

Cool, I'll check out LaCie. I've heard some good (and bad) things about their drives, but I'll definitely check 'em out. Thanks for the suggestion.