Small Fax/Printer for Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JimmyB248, Jan 22, 2007.

1. JimmyB248 macrumors regular

Hi there, I'm looking to buy a cheap fax/printer machine that will work with my Mac. It ideally needs to be as small as possible, the quality doesn't really matter, just needs to be able to print off emails and things as well as fax. All I can really find is one of these all in one machines that are enourmous and have the ability to scan which I don't need. Any ideas where I could find one?

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

You know you can fax from you computer, don't you? Go to System Preferences > Print & Fax > Faxing and set up your machine for faxing. If your computer does not have a modem you can buy a small USB modem from Apple. There are many tiny travel printers around. It will be easier to find one once you eliminate the need for it to also fax.

3. JimmyB248 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks but the faxing will be for hard copy things that have been handwritten, which would mean getting a scanner, which would involve getting a large all in one. Does anybody know if there is one around? I know there's a few for PC's, it's mainly a fax machine that has the ability to be plugged into a PC and print as well. Something like that for the Mac would be ideal?