small glitch on new iTunes version?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by polythene pam, Sep 18, 2006.

1. polythene pam macrumors member

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone else out there has noticed a small glitch with the play/pause button on iTunes, newest version. I just updated it yesterday and today I noticed that whenever I press play, it sort of freezes until I move the cursor off of the 'play' button. It's very annoying because I'm trying to transcribe a lecture and am constantly pressing play/pause and this freakin thing keeps freezing for a second before playing/pausing.

Is there anyway that I can go back to the old version? I don't have an iPod video so I really don't need this new version.

Thanks all!

2. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

spinne1

I haven't noticed it, but why not use the space bar to play/pause instead. Maybe that will solve your problem with your present project.

3. polythene pam thread starter macrumors member

whoooow, you just blew my mind!!! :) I didn't know I could use the space bar for playing/pausing !!! It IS sooooo much better, thanks a ton!!!!

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I don't think it does this for me, though.... I did notice that if I flick the mouse hard right after I click it, there's a pause. But it's not so much that one must move the mouse off. Actually if you leave the mouse still, it does it right away. It's just a rapid jerk of the mouse right after clicking. No idea why it does that....

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau