Small GoLive 6 Question?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by iJon, Jan 23, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

We are working on our website and I have one quick question. You guys know the little icon that a website loads next to the address. I dont know the name for it. It's the little apple at apples site and the macrumors apple at this site. Kind of like a mini avatar, i dont know the name, am i able to use one of those for my website with golive.

iJon

Attached Files:

2. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

It's called a flavicon, a 20x20 (IIRC) logo for the site. It's in .ico format. Dang'ed if I know where to put it though.

3. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

thanks, now i at least know what it is called. now i just need to find someone who knows if golive supports it, well since i know what it is called i can do a search on adobe with a name other than "little icon in the corner"lol

iJon

4. Choppaface macrumors 65816

here is the tag's format (it goes in the head). dunno what format the image has to be in, might be the same icon format used for folder icons and such...?

<LINK REL="shortcut icon" HREF="http://www.domain.com/favicon.ico">

5. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

thank ya much, i guess thats what i need to know.

iJon

6. sandro macrumors member

I think this may be what you are looking for

add this line to your index page before the head tags

<link REL="SHORTCUT ICON" href="favicon.ico">

and create a file and call it "favicon.ico" and place it on your root directory , same as your index page

I hope this helps any!

7. sandro macrumors member

8. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

thanks a lot, i will play with this more when i finish the majority of the page. i appreciate the help guys. hopefully this will help me learn more about web developing. right now i am using golive 6 but i know if i wanna get serious i gotta get dirty and code from scratch, but thats ok, i know that no great webpages are created with golive.

iJon