Small printers that look good with iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bobright, Dec 18, 2012.

1. macrumors 601

I've got a printer from my old PC but that thing is huge and bulky and now that I got me new iMac don't even want it near it looks atrocious. :eek::p

Is there any reasonably priced printers out there that are slim and go good with the iMac? I don't need a fancy printer just one to print out ebay receipts, the occasional note etc

2. macrumors 6502a

seveej

I know the feeling. Problem is, most printers are sold based on features, not on size or looks. I remember that samsung had a set of stylish black and white lasers (one MFP, one plain), which not only looked pretty good, but were also surprisingly small. Sadly they do not seem to be current any more, but you may still find some lying around:
    Search for SCX-4500W and ML-1630

RGDS,

3. macrumors regular

NVRENUF!

I would invest in a nice ikea storage cupboard for it to sit under desk rather than trying to find a nice looking printer.

4. macrumors regular

Really small printers are compromised. I bought a Canon one from eBay. It takes more than one minute to get ready, and it has microscopic cartridges which are expensive and finish very quickly. It is cute though, I keep it in a drawer and pull it out when I need it.

5. macrumors regular

try the HP envy 114 apple used to sell them

6. thread starter macrumors 601

Cool I will check out the ones posted. If they are too expensive or compromise too much I'll just hide mine somewhere as suggested lol

7. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I'd like a new compact printer also. It really surprises me how these companies get away with making such hideous printers.

Do they really need to be so big!?

8. macrumors regular

the hp envy 114 is only 4 inches high its very small for a all in one does AirPrint and wireless very well

9. macrumors regular

I have this one ->
    http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/printers/canon-i80-review-39188593/

10. macrumors 6502a

spcdust

Why not just get a wireless printer then you don't need it to be right next to the iMac itself? The HP printers are good in the fact that they support Airprint so printing directly from your iOs devices is simple. I also have always rated Canon printers.

11. macrumors regular

NVRENUF!

I would also be going for laser printer, ink last for years and dont dry up.

much more economical

12. macrumors member

This is definitely what I am doing next time I get a printer. Did a big mistake years ago buying a new ink one (it's wifi,double sided printing, etc. etc.) but it is always cleaning itself and drying ink since it is for home use, not office where you print every day...

13. macrumors regular

NVRENUF!

home use on ink jet is bad also becuase minimal to no use drys inks up lol.

laser is good. mono laser is $35 now days.

I got a colour laser multifunction for $399 samsung
    black looks nice, does everything, and is wifi, networked etc.

and ink lasts for ages.

14. macrumors 65832

I agree with the recommendations for laser printers. I got tired of constantly buying expensive refills for my inkjet printers and got a inexpensive B&W multifunction Brother laser for about $130, IIRC. Best printer I ever had, and I don't need (or miss) color. It even does double sided printing, which saves paper.

15. macrumors 68000

Just try to go paperless. It is not that hard.

16. macrumors member

I agree, I went with a multifunction Brother color laser, paid about $250 and I keep it on the side of the room since its wireless, best investment i ever made.

17. macrumors member

Does it work with iPhone 5 iPad 3?

18. macrumors regular

yes