Small question about downloading images

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Zwhaler, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Jun 10, 2006
    There is a website that I view often and download my desktop wallpapers from, its:

When I first got my computer, when I click "download" for one of the pictures, the picture would be loaded into a safari page and I could view it in it's full size before actually downloading it. But now, for some reason, whenever I click download, it opens up a random new Safari window, that is blank by the way, and it downloads the picture to my desktop without letting me view it first.

Then, one day, it randomly changed back to the way it used to be to where I could preview it first, and then another day (a month later) once again it switched back to me having to download it and I get the blank safari page.

By the way, when the picture gets downloaded to my desktop, when I click it I can see it in its full resolution in Preview. So I am just wondering what setting I have to change to get it to just open in safari without having to download the picture first. Sorry for any typos, I'm typing this quick and then im going to sleep. Thanks in advance.
  2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

Jan 25, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    I think they just changed the way their site works, cause I noticed it too.

However, if you right click on the download link and select "download linked file" you can skip the window opening part and it'll just download the file.
  3. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Jun 10, 2006
    That'll work. Thanks, it makes it much easier without that annoying pop up window.
  4. apfhex macrumors 68030

Aug 8, 2006
    Northern California
    Some sites just do that (open a blank window), I don't know why, but it's not something you can change in Safari.