Smart Cover... over or under?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jcmeyer5, Mar 30, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

I was cleaning my smart cover today (black leather), and I noticed how much dust and small particles the microfiber side was picking up. This is largely because when it is in stand form, that side is out. I got to looking at it, and there is no reason that it cannot be the leather side out vs. the microfiber side. I do it the way I do it because that is how the cute blonde in the store was doing it. I am now doing leather side out to prevent getting crap on the microfiber.

How do you do yours? Over (finished side out), or Under (microfiber out)?

2. macrumors 6502

Although you can do it both ways I find it to be a much more fluid motion to have it with the microfiber side out.

3. macrumors 68020

miamialley

I thinks it's easier that way, but I do it with the poly out so avoid picking up stuff.
    *usually.

4. macrumors 6502

KittyKatta

I'm pretty sure Microfiber-Out is the RIGHT way to do it because if you do it vinyl/leather side out then it can't stand vertically since the weight just opens up the roll.

5. macrumors 6502a

iggypod

This.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, Kitty is right. It does not work if you try the "viewing" position. Fortunately I dont do much of that, so "over" works for me.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, Kitty is right. It does not work if you try the "viewing" position. Fortunately I dont do much of that, so "over" works for me.

Follow-up question... when you arent using the cover for a stand, and are just holding the the ipad... what do you do with your cover? I fold mine in half, leather side out, and let the magnets hold it together.

8. macrumors 6502

KittyKatta

I like to roll it in triangle position and use it as a handle. But my hands arent that big and I've had the magnet disconnect on me. So now I do that but also fold it in half like you do.

9. macrumors 68020