Smash Bros Brawl? Preorder now?

Discussion in 'Games' started by bobber205, Mar 9, 2007.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Do you guys think I should go ahead and preoder Brawl for ebgames now or risk (lol) not getting in stores when it comes out.

And what's your opinion on a release date?

Many sites I've seen, including ebgames', it sometime in June.:eek:

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

This is my prediction:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be released in 2008.

Oh, and never, ever preorder any game from eb games.

Edit: Nintendo have already released their software dates for June. It'll be Oct/Nov if anything.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I too expect the Nintendo big guns to all be 2008

This goes for Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing & Mario Galaxy which would not surprise me if it slips to early 2008

I never believe a nintendo release schedule.

4. TheGimp macrumors 6502

Always add at least 9-12 months to any Nintendo date. Metroid Prime: Hunters demo was originally bundled with the DS when the DS first came out and was scheduled to be released the following March, yet ending up being released almost 1.5 years later.

5. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

I can't wait for Brawl. they haven't announced all the characters yet have they?

6. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I sure hope it's out by the end of the year. That's probably my most anticipated game. But then again, I want a game that's polished and since it's fighter I hope Nintendo keeps a good balance.

7. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I have it from a good source that this game will be released sometime before Q2 FY2010. That's all I can say at this time.

8. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Hate to tell you this, but . . .

After the success of Zelda: TP on the Wii, Nintendo has decided to hold off on all of it's best games so they can do a dual release on the Wii and their next semester when that comes out. Don't worry, it'll have new controls added on, and it'll be so worth it.

9. Agilus macrumors regular

I wouldn't bother with a preorder, unless you get something extra with the preorder (that you want). I doubt there will any kind of serious shortage, because, in my experience, that rarely happens with games. :)

10. hyperpasta macrumors 6502a

hyperpasta

I concur. The current heavy-hitters on the horizon for Wii are:

- Super Paper Mario
    - Metroid Prime 3
    - Super Mario Galaxy
    - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Knowing Nintendo, ONE of these is bound to slip. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is definitely the least complete; there hasn't even been a playable demo yet. Therefore, I predict that everything else on the list makes the cut, and Brawl is pushed back to about this time next year.

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Whatever. My local GameStop is awesome. When you preorder something they reserve it for you in the store; with the exception of the XBox 360 (which Microsoft promised more of). Plus I'm friends with everyone there.

I got a Wii on launch day, and I thought ahead to reserve three extra Wii remotes and an extra nunchuck. I've had all this since launch day along with Twilight Princess. Meanwhile, everyone else was complaining about having no Wii remotes and some couldn't even find a copy of TP for the first week.

Since you pay ZERO extra money to preorder a game, there's no harm to it, and it guarantees you a copy (the store requests how many games they get on launch day based on preorder numbers). No reason not to.

12. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Exactly, my loacl Eb games is awasome!

I dont understand why people bash them soo much.

13. pcypert macrumors 6502

People on this forum are mac folks...we have a tendency in personality to be underdog supporters...so big mega giants companies that run mom and pops out of business are bad :)

Paul

14. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I don't mind specialty.

Best Buy = teh suckage.

GameStop = good, depending on location.

For example, my nearest GameStop is great. It is staffed by friendly people who'll give you honest opinions and follow all the news.

The EBGames in the local mall? I can't stand it. Unhelpful staff who think they know everything with no personal connection.

15. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Not at all, I shop at Best Buy and Circuit City, and other big box stores. I've got everybody I can to buy games anywhere but Electronics Boutique. I've read and experinced countless tales of idiocy, some in this very forum. Their trade in system is a way to take you for a ride, and their used game prices are crazy high.... and no, I don't want to pre-order a ****** game from you..why should I when it'll be available everywhere and at a lower price.

Some more tales on eb games:

http://popcultureshock.com/features.php?id=1159

16. applekid macrumors 68020

Order it online when it becomes available. EBGames and GameStop may suck in-store in my experiences, but online orders are superb.

17. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

EBGames has since been bought by GameStop though.

I've never liked EBGames, but my GameStop's have always been good. Now they are the same company.

I worked at the local GameStop for a while too. It was great.