SmashMyPS3? YAY!! SmashMyWii? NOOOO!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Bobdude161, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Remember the old days of SmashMyXBox.com? Well now you can relive the memories with SmashMyPS3.com and SmashMyWii.com!! I love these sites. Sure there are better ways to spend money, but the sheer entertainment value is worth more than a PS3 up for auction on eBay. I got both of these sites as my homepage for now. Counting down the days till destruction!

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Smashing a Ps3= £450 , 80k units
    Smashing a Wii= £180 , a lot of units.

I think he needs to smash 3 Wiis to mean something.

3. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I get the feeling they wont see their PS3 for a long, long time.

And if they were to smash one on launch, they'd get the s*** beat out of them from the people who didn't get one.

This kind of destruction is really pointless.

4. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

5. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I can't wait for the durability tests. Let's see if Nintendo still reigns supreme with the Wii.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Indeed, though with the Wii using what is believed to be laptop/portable chips then you have to wonder. Does that mean it's stronger, due to the strength required of a laptop? Or does it mean it's weaker in that they are smaller and thinner?

The again the DS, the GBA and co are built like tanks. I even throw my GB Micro straight into my bag without a case when going hiking and mountaineering!

7. eyemacg5 macrumors 6502

eyemacg5

8. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

I'm a chip designer, so I though I'd comment on this. The actual chip its using isn't going to affect it's smashability. Chances are high the both low-power or full-power chips will be soldered to the board. They're not phsyically stronger in any way in order to be put into a laptop. They are however, designed with power in mind, but that also doesn't mean they're thinner.

The main question would be the component and board placement in relation to the casing. If caps are located in places where the case is bound to break, that'll kill the unit. The same if smashing the case snaps the board into pieces or scratch off traces.

What I'm trying to say is the chip used has no effect, it's the durability and design of the board they mount it on. :)

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I would pay to see their beating included on the video that they'll invariably post on YouTube.

10. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Eugh, what a bunch of ****s.

I mean, I dislike the PS3 as much as the next guy but this kind of thing is just wrong. So many people - not just "fanboys" as they say on their sites are desperate for these consoles and with them in such short supply on launch its just plain mean doing this kind of thing. They should get locked up for incitement.

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

<thinks about saything somthing, but realises 'thought' never came into the equation>

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

This is just stupid....I have nothing else to say about it.

Bless

13. Bobdude161 thread starter macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Therefore increasing the sheer entertainment value!

14. krestfallen macrumors member

krestfallen

i think it's a good idea. it's ridiculous to wait days in front of a shop to get a little piece of hardware like the ps3 from a multi-billion-company that plays with them like little dolls.

**** off the capitalism. just do something weird and let all the fan-dolls look like fools. all the emotions and reactions of no understandings.

you can also do this just for you. don't think about others and smash something very expensive and show yourself that money means a ****. it's pure fun and i think salve to the soul.

ps: sorry for the many ****