SmashMyWii smashes a Wii

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFLPraxis, Nov 20, 2006.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

http://nincentral.blogspot.com/2006/11/smash-my-wii.html

You know...I actually laughed out loud at this one. I felt worse about the PS3 (because there was such a great PS3 shortage, people were desperate, etc), but the Wii one...when he throws the Wii on the floor, the only thing that comes off is the *removable* side panel. The first two sledgehammer hits do little more than dent it!

"they should go die in a fire", ROFL.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I remember a couple years back when doing this was funny.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

This is not funny. This is terminally pathetic.

They claimed in the vid & site - they did it because wanted to see the look on peoples faces.

Here's an idea for those schmucks.. Take the wii and video record yourself giving it to some worthwhile orphans or child who is dying of terminal cancer and see the look of joy on their faces. That would be a worthwhile cause and a video worth seeing and somthing positive to come out of your video.

This was just a video to show the worst excesses of human behaviour and should not be condoned - it should be pitied.

:mad: idiots.

4. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

Amen!

5. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

All in all its stupid, but you gotta give the guys credit for ALWAYS coming up with a 360, wii, or ps3. The short guy always has the funniest smirk on, and I thought it was funny when that one guy was like "I was next to guy allll night, and let me tell you HE IS CRAZY", referring to the guy who picked up the wii and threw it down.

BTW, you gotta love the home made mario-luigi costumes :p

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

It makes me want to smash a Wii. With a sledge.
    Preferably in front of crying children.

<smash>

7. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

At least they can likely walk into their local retailer and get another one, unlike the PS3

8. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I agree that it's retarded and stupid.

Still, the laugh I got out of it is due to the Wii's durability, not anything funny the site creators did.

9. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

True..

It did take a bit of a beating before giving up the ghost!

And it's not like that dude was missing with the sledge.

10. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

11. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Completely agree, a bunch of losers - and I'm not even a 'gamer' so to speak.

I like how the guys behind this think that it bother the 'fanboys' of the device they are breaking to bits. I couldn't care less for what they break - I just think it is a disgrace. Smashing up anything that costs money is plain dumb. The people who donate to the cause are the real losers though.

David

12. Hibbity macrumors member

hilarious

you know, these guys got a lot of publicity out of doing this and probably made a bunch of money, so i doubt they would say it was a waste....besides, after all the ridiculous obsession and hype (they're cool, but people are way overkill on it) its hilarious to see someone wait all that time in line, pay all that money, turn around and smash it to bits. I wish they'd caught people's reactions.

13. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I would say the PS3 seemed to hold up better, I was very surprised how solid it was. It seemed to just dent the more it was hit, not near the degree of thrashing the Wii finally got in the end...

Edit: And let's not forget Sony lost $300 when they bought the PS3, but Nintendo *made* money when they bought the Wii.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Amen 2.

Seriously. Smashing a Wii? That's nothing. They're cheap and there's loads of them. Smashing a nunchuck controller might have got a stronger reaction :D
    Durability looks very good. Nintendo making another tough console? Excellent. This shall go around the world with me after all.

15. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

That was really stupid. I would have punched him in the face.

16. bluebomberman macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

Here's an idea: smash-the-weewees-of-the-smashmywii-idiots.com

17. oceanstar macrumors newbie

18. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

I don't get why you people are so pissed off... seriously, oh boo hoo could have gone to charity, stop babbling you hypocrites.

Sorry but "SmashMySomething" whiners really tick me off.

19. bluebomberman macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

Where's the hypocrisy? I don't think anybody here secretly smashes Zunes while denouncing Wii-smashers...

20. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

That's a pretty lame thing to get "ticked off" about... unless you're a "something smasher", I guess.

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't understand what I've done? Smashing the PS3 or an expensive system in extremely limited stock makes for a bit of entertainment. But seriously, if I was in a little queue buying a Wii, some guy came out and broke one infront of me I'd probably think for a second then look at the queue which was 1 person shorter. If I was him I would have given the Wii to my local hospital, perhaps even buy an extra 3 controllers. I don't think I'm the only person in the world who would rather make children happy than immature people laugh.

22. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

When SmashMyZune comes out, people on this site will cheer, mark my words.

23. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I can't believe it took the first throw so well! Damn...

Did anyone see the PS3 one? He just dropped it but it took a ton of sledge blows to FUBAR it... what the hell are they making next gen consoles out of? Kryptonite?

24. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

All those SmashMy[fill in the blank] things are really stupid, and pathetic. I agree with an above poster who said that there are kids, not as well off that whould probably be extremly happy to get a Wii, a PS3, or whatever.

Something is definitaly wrong with those sickos!

I believe the term your looking for is Mithril. :)

25. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Well, considering that the PS3 is larger than the freakin' ORIGINAL XBOX, it'll understandably take a few blows. The Wii on the other hand is barely larger than the head of the hammer.
    But we all know the Wii is made of Adamantium.