Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."
— Henry Mencken

No, it's not the 1st of April.

Just in time for your mom Santa to toss this in your Christmas stocking, Burger King has released a limited-edition men's body spray that evokes the smell of freshly broiled Whoppers.

But isn't this what they spray on the burgers already for authenticity? No!

According to a press release, "The King is setting hearts ablaze for the holidays with his new scent of choice. FLAME™, a new men's body spray by Burger King Corp., features the scent of seduction with the hint of flame-broiled meat. A favorite of the King, FLAME™ is available for purchase for a limited time at select Ricky's retailers in-store or online."

http://gothamist.com/2008/12/15/smell_like_burger_king_with_new_bod.php

Buy it now while stocks last. I'll take mine with onion rings.

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
That's just nasty.

I had a friend who worked at Sonic a while back. When he came over wearing the same clothes he had on at work, it would almost make me gag.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I honestly couldn't come up with a worse idea if I tried.

Meanwhile, do you have to refrigerate the spray so it doesn't go rancid? :p

jonbravo77

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It should be a time release spray. At first, the sensual smell of the whopper then, what's this french fries. Oh wait that's not all, is that the smell of a hot apple pie next? :eek:

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
That's just nasty.

I had a friend who worked at Sonic a while back. When he came over wearing the same clothes he had on at work, it would almost make me gag.

Yeah I used to have the same experience when my sister would from home after working at Taco Bell all day.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
What a fantastically simple marketing gimmick. With very little effort or cost Burger King have made headlines around the world. And now I'm hungry. Clever :).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.