Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
heh This is the best marketing ever. No one wants to smell like a burger, but someone would get this as a joke, smell it, then instantly want a whopper.

Gray-Wolf

macrumors 68030
Apr 19, 2008
Pandora, Home Tree

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 62

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
The Urban Hunter sat quietly, the only noise around are the birds on a nearby abandon office building. It's been a few days into the hunting season. Our hunter has positioned himself around one of the many abandoned Burger King outlets. He uses the latest in sprays, Burger King FLAME, to attract the ever present, and easy prey, the Fast food eater.

Gray-Wolf

macrumors 68030
Apr 19, 2008
Pandora, Home Tree
It could be tolerable with the sides on it, but why not toss the "Burger" out , and have a lettuce and tomato sandwich instead. :D

The Urban Hunter sat quietly, the only noise around are the birds on a nearby abandon office building. It's been a few days into the hunting season. Our hunter has positioned himself around one of the many abandoned Burger King outlets. He uses the latest in sprays, Burger King FLAME, to attract the ever present, and easy prey, the Fast food eater.

Hunter sprays "Flame" in the woods, then gets attacked by bear thinking he's the food. :p

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
They did at one time, not sure if all areas have it though. http://www.bk.com/#menu=2,42,-1

It's actually not half bad, either. Although it would be much better if it were available in the whopper format (optional cheese, and all the stuff that's on a Whopper).

I go through phases of mostly not eating meat and eating meat... I remember in 2001 when I was going back to veggie, I was obsessed with the Whopper.... :eek:

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
IMHO Burger King branding is smoking crack... I really can't see the point of 1/2 their marketing at the moment.

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
USA
I can't find a link on BK's website to the other one. That makes me think this is not a BK sponsored product. Why would BK market this but not link it on their own website.

Unspeaked

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2003
West Coast
IMHO Burger King branding is smoking crack... I really can't see the point of 1/2 their marketing at the moment.

They've actually been doing really well by positioning themselves as the manly, couldn't-care less-about-health, non-veggie eating bad boys of fast food.

While the others chains try to throw salads and healthy sides on their menu, Burger King introduces The Stacker (with no vegetables whatsoever - not even pickles). They, and to a certain extent Carl's Jr, are generating a very strong customer base. There have even been attempts to copy this from the other chains (like Wendy's Baconator).

Of course, I guess it's a little like cigarettes - they need to get a lot of new customers to replace the ones dying of heart attacks on a daily basis.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
They've actually been doing really well by positioning themselves as the manly, couldn't-care less-about-health, non-veggie eating bad boys of fast food.

I used to like Burger King, but somehow we've parted ways. There's a BK in my area that's also a shawarma place... they share the space 50/50. 9 out of 10 times I walk in there, I go for the shawarma. One day I thought I'd try the new BK Steakhouse burger. It sounded great in theory: big beefy patty, bacon, crispy onions, BBQ sauce. How could you go wrong with that?

The first sign something was wrong was when the cashier asked if I wanted the regular one or the "loaded" one. "What's the difference?", I asked. "The loaded one has baked potato and sour cream and chives on it."

Uh...

I went for the "non-loaded" burger. And the thing was a disgusting mess. The burger was much wider than the bun, but paper thin. (Who do they think they're fooling?!) And sauce was everywhere, dripping all over the paper wrapping. You couldn't even pick this thing up without getting your fingers all messy. The worst burger I've ever had. I very nearly threw it out half-way through (and that is HUGE for me, I have a reputation among my friends as the guy that will eat ANYTHING).

And I didn't even think to look at the nutritional info.

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
I used to like Burger King, but somehow we've parted ways. There's a BK in my area that's also a shawarma place...
<snip>
I went for the "non-loaded" burger. And the thing was a disgusting mess. The burger was much wider than the bun, but paper thin. (Who do they think they're fooling?!) And sauce was everywhere, dripping all over the paper wrapping. You couldn't even pick this thing up without getting your fingers all messy. The worst burger I've ever had. I very nearly threw it out half-way through (and that is HUGE for me, I have a reputation among my friends as the guy that will eat ANYTHING).

And I didn't even think to look at the nutritional info.

Canadians don't know how to do ANYTHING right ;)

Unspeaked

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2003
West Coast
I used to like Burger King, but somehow we've parted ways. There's a BK in my area that's also a shawarma place... they share the space 50/50. 9 out of 10 times I walk in there, I go for the shawarma. One day I thought I'd try the new BK Steakhouse burger. It sounded great in theory: big beefy patty, bacon, crispy onions, BBQ sauce. How could you go wrong with that?

Is it really any contest?

:D

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
BK indeed still sells the BK Veggie, at least in my market area anyway. That's what I usually get on the rare occasion I'm there. (I'm more of an Asian food fan myself; I never was much into burgers.)

Great for the chubby chasers to seduce America's "larger" women.

Just make sure you don't get any of that spray on your penis. Some woman may devour it.

BBWs usually figure out the difference between chopped steak and "tubesteak", if you know what I mean, nudge nudge.

Oh, and the term "chubby chaser" has been adopted by the gay community to describe men who prefer large men. We straight lovers of large ladies like to use another acronym: FA (fat admirer).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.