Smells like School Spirit....

Discussion in 'Community' started by shadowfax, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

Heya G4Scott... hook 'em horns, eh?

i have 3 words for you, and one of them is compound. hope it isn't too complicated :p

sixty-five to thirteen!!!!!

that game wasn't even worth watching. good god. i took 6 kids out in my Honda Civic in the fourth quarter and we drove recklessly through the neighborhood yelling "Boomer" to random pedestrians.

hahahaha... here's a present for my pals back home in austin:

Attached Files:

2. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Wow... The intelligence level really does drop when you enter Oklahoma.

That doesn't change the fact that OU still sucks :eek: :D

And while our football team may not have been there (I seriously can't explain what happened), we (the band) were true fans, and stayed to the end, and didn't leave part way through the game like some people did (on both sides). So although you may have won, it shows how much of a true fan you are. Just leech on to OU's success. You don't have to really contribute. (it's not just an OU thing. Many Texas fans do it too, and they aren't the best fans...) Just let your football team, which is composed of more players from Texas than oklahoma, do the job. That's right. I actually support my team, and don't go driving around Austin like an idiot when we win.

I actually got compliments from some OU fans. And I also got flicked off and b*tched at by many others. I even saw an old OU grandma flicking us off, cussing her head off. I guess Oklahoma has yet to be civilized. It figures, though, since OU's mascot is a cheater, basically. I don't know who it was that said OU fans have class, but they obviously haven't been to the red river shootout. We've actually had an OU fan arrested in the past for destroying a band hat. They screwed it up, and were arrested for destroying state property. Stupid sooner. I guess he couldn't help it.

But the thing about this is, that no matter what the outcome was, I don't go to OU, and I'm a better person because of it. :D

Oh, and taking 6 people in a honda civic isn't exactly the smartest thing to do in the world, genius. And driving recklessly isn't very smart either. But if that's all you do in Norman for fun, then do it all you want. We've got better things to do in Austin, like party, and have real fun. I'm sure you know what it's like here.

It's pretty sad that OU revolves around football. I mean, it's a big thing for every school, but that's about the only thing OU has going for them...

So go drive your civic recklessly with your football team and national merit scholars around Norman. Asides from football, I've seen nothing good come out of that school.

Just a question, shadowfax. And it's nothign personal, but why did you choose to go to OU? You can PM me your answer. I'd just like to know what posessed you to go to a hell-hole like OU. I mean, college station and lubbock are bad, but norman sucks. ;)

oh, by the way, do you know why Texas doesn't sink into the ocean like California?

Because OU sucks so much, it holds Texas in place.

Lets see. It's 3:51 here, and OU still sucks :cool:

Have fun in Norman...

3. shadowfax thread starter macrumors 603

shadowfax

wow, they cut your balls off, and you still try to roar like a lion. that's hilarious. nothing happened to Texas today. hell, they lost to Arkansas just a few weeks ago. this is the 4th year in a row they've lost to OU...

as for academics, you really don't know what you're talking about. i've met people who are easily as intelligent as anyone i met going to UT. we have our geniuses here. hell, 10% of our class scored in the top .5% on the SATs/ACTs. I like the people here. UT really doesn't have anything on them. and I've been to UT plenty; you have more than your fair share of utter idiots.

as to why i didn't go to UT, it was more a financial issue than anything else. as in, they gave me a really crappy scholarship, and OU gave me a good one. and after i graduate, i'll be just as set to get into a good postgrad program as i would have been at UT. An education is minimally dependent on the school you go to. sure, it's great to have good teachers and smart students around you--arguably imperative. but the quality difference between OU's education and UT's is just plain minimal. it's not enough to compel me from OU at all. my education will be a function of what i put into it.

and thanks for the safety lecture from one of the drunkest schools in America. go party on Guadalupe, man, have fun on the drag, where it smells like piss at night :p

4. shadowfax thread starter macrumors 603

shadowfax

oh, yeah, Arkansas is another of those "incompetent" states that beat you... at home, no less. hah.
    wow, that score is slightly reminiscent of another recent one... :p "and this week, we play Arkansas..."
    it's too bad they boo you guys for saying "beat the hell outta OU..." they really oughtta just laugh their asses off, apparently...

but clearly, you guys are much more mature than the unclassy OU fans :rolleyes:

5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.