Smith Haven Mall - NY

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by EarthDawn, Jun 7, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

Not sure if I should try the Pre-order this time around....

Last year I made it there around 10am and the wait was only about 1/2 an hour and they had plenty.... Also the AT&T in the same mall also had a good amount thought they were out of the 16gig white.

Anyone else going ?

2. macrumors regular

I may be going to Smithhaven. I am probably going to preorder though. If not I am going to a local AT&T store, I have been doing this for the last 2 years and I haven't waited longer then 30 minutes after the doors open.

3. macrumors 6502a

I will be there :D

4. macrumors newbie

Didn't pre-order

Didn't pre-order, but I plan on being at Smithhaven in the wee hours.
    you guys think they'll have phones available if you didn't pre-order?
    I hope so!!!

5. macrumors 6502a

My dad and I will both be there. We both have preorders and plan on arriving around 6:15am.

6. macrumors newbie

I've got a preorder in here. Was there yesterday and someone at the Genius Bar said they'd have two lines, one for preorders and one for non, and that both lines would get some number of phones. So basically, get there early enough and you will get one.

7. macrumors 6502a

what time are you guys are going to be there? I should be there around 5:15 a.m.

8. macrumors newbie

I was thinking of going to the AT&T by the mall in Lake Grove at 7:15am after I get my son ready for day care. Does anyone think it is worth going or foolish at that time?

9. macrumors member

I have a reserve, not pre-order. And i will be there at about 6:00am. I am guessing the pre-order line will be for reseves too, i hope lol.

10. macrumors newbie

will there be anybody there before 4am

11. macrumors 6502

Savage

I plan on going around midnight or so to see the size of the line. I really hope it isn't an intense line. But I want to be super precocious because I have no pre-order and I need two phones. Does anyone know how it works here? Like, do you wait outside the mall or will the doors be open near the Apple wing to let us wait right outside the store?

12. thread starter macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

not sure where they will have the line start but i think ill do a drive by as well to see when and where the line is starting...

13. macrumors regular

Hey!!

Hey guys so ya I'm excited!! I'll be there around like 5ish and hopefully be able to get my gf up early enough haha but where do we line up?? Near the entrance at cheesecake factory side outside or will the mall be open somewhere?? And I don't have a pre order or reserve so hope to be near front of the line to get mine!!

14. macrumors newbie

I'll be there, reservation thankfully. :) I'm interested also to know what doors they open? I was at Walt Whitman for the 3G launch and nobody knew which door it was. Thankfully I was at the right door. I hope to get to Smith Haven about 5:45. I wish I could go later, but I have to be out ASAP.

15. macrumors newbie

FYI, I called the store and they think most likely by the bus stops is the door that will be open for the line. Hopefully they're right.

16. thread starter macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

That would make the most sence...

I just hope its not total chaos there :rolleyes:

17. macrumors 6502

Savage

I got here at midnight to see a sign on the door that says they are only giving out phones to the people who pre-ordered for now...

18. thread starter macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

Well that saved me a trip.... Thanks... I think

19. macrumors newbie

was there a line when you got there? i'm planning on going sometime between 5:30-6:00

20. macrumors regular

ItouchMe

~100 ppl on no reserve line. ~ 20 on reserve line

21. macrumors 6502a

Are you on the reserve or no-reserve line? I'm @ the end of the no-reserve line with my lady :D. According to the guy at the front of the line, who got here at 1015, we shoulda got here *before* 1015 hahaha

22. macrumors regular

ItouchMe

I have a reservation but I'm hanging out with my buddies on the no reserve line cause I have no rush to jump on the reserve line

23. macrumors 6502a

Only true for the AT&T store. Apple store will handle non-reserve sales in addition to reserved sales. AT&T store is not selling iPhones other than those that have been pre-sold.

About 100 people on the non-reserve line so far.

24. macrumors newbie

Line update? And are you guys in the mall? I can't believe people have been there all night… wow.

25. macrumors newbie

Yoyo!

"f00f" and I just moved from our spot. The doors will open (to the mall) in 10 minutes. Then the store will open at 7am.

Hopefully it won't be that long.