Smoking

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by xy14, Dec 2, 2005.

1. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

Any smokers on this site and what do you smoke, how much a day, age (under 18 dont put age!)

I smoke Winston lights, four per day on average.

2. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Not to be a downer, but my mother and my husband each died as a direct result of their smoking. Lung cancer isn't a nice way to go....

OTB

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

grandmother has lung cancer, grandfather died of it. my mom smokes a LOT and my dad is almost done with them. not happy about them smoking to say the least. or the second hand smoke i have to deal with.

4. xy14 thread starter macrumors 6502

xy14

I think the reason I started though is because I got depressed when my mom got cancer and my sister got pregnant and my other sister got to go to Europe for a year.

5. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

I love to smoke..... man.. I did/could smoke 3 packs a day..

but I quit several years ago.

Man I want a cigarette :)

I may smoke about 2 cigarettes a year... or maybe 5 cigars a year on the golf course or whatever.. if that counts.

- Doc

6. xy14 thread starter macrumors 6502

xy14

Holy crap :eek:

I couldn't smoke a pack a day. Mostly because I have to sneak them because my parents dont know lol.

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

every so often i smoke. have a pack of Marlboros in my car right now.

8. iGary Guest

iGary

I smoked about 3 packs a day up until I quit about 6 years ago.

Salem Lights. :eek:

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

10. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

dude, you're a week older than i am and you smoke? damn...
    although i guess i shouldn't be surprised though--a good number of my friends smoke, but not tobacco :/
    i guess eventually i plan to try smoking, just to see what it's like. hell, i might like it--i rather like the smell of cigarette smoke. but i'll wait awhile ;)

11. neildmitchell macrumors 6502a

neildmitchell

true, but harder to kick

10 American Spirit Ultra Lights a day (Give or take depending on the type of day)

12. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

Cigarette smoke irritates my nostrils and makes the inside of my throat all itchy. One of those really annoying itches that you can never scratch. :confused:

I don't condemn smoking, just ask to be aware of the health risks involved and not do it near me. :p

There's farrr better ways to spend all that money you fork out on cigs. :eek: :D ;)

Attached Files:

13. CompUser Guest

I've never smoked, never intend to either.

My parents never smoked. My dads parents never smoked either. My Moms parents did, my grandma got lung cancer, survived, so she quit and that convinced my grandpa to do so too.

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

i smoked for 5 years, from 18 to 23. I stopped on my 23rd birthday. the rest of my family smokes...sis, mom, dad.

15. acceber macrumors regular

My grandfather smoked, my dad smoked heavily and then quit cold turkey after my younger sister was born.

I did experimental smoking about five years ago when I had just started high school. It was only like, one or two cigarettes a day but it was a real drama cause I went to the most extreme lengths to hide it from my parents (they would have died if they had found out). I would take an extra pair of my school uniform and hide it in my bag and change into it before I went home so they wouldn't notice the smell. I even started doing my own laundry. I took the insides of texta's out and would stick em in there.

Then one day, my throat started hurting and I freaked out thinking that I was getting throat cancer and stopped. Never looked back.

Smoking is really unattractive (to me at least), I have a friend who does it simply because he gets bored. I know somebody else who thinks it makes him look cool.
    I have an unwritten rule to never date a guy who smokes.

16. mikebatho macrumors 6502a

The urge to smoke only takes me when I drink, but when it does, it grips me like hell...!

I don't touch a smoke from Monday to friday, but when the weekend hits & it's drinkin' time, I can smoke like a trooper...........15 - 40 Fri to Sat...

Then back to not a touch on Sunday.... not great I know, but at least a pattern of behaviour.........

Could do with a smoke now. but feeling weary at my keyboard.......

x

17. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I could see why you might have to sneak them. I am almost 19 and have never tried, dont really plan on it either.

If my parents ever caught me smoking they would kill me.

A little story...
    Before i was born my dad use to smoke. When my mom was pregnant with me she told my dad he had to stop smoking (she had been bugging him for a while to stop) or she was going to leave (not divorce or anything like that) and not come back until he stopped smoking. Needless to say he did stopp smoking and he ha not touched a cigar or anything in about 25-30. Both his brothers still smoke as do there wifes, and it is really digusting. About 2-3 years ago my grandfather died from smoking/emphazima...He was declining and had to be put on oxygen every night. Well he got up one morning doing all his normal stuff and just collapsed from lack of oxygen.

Smoking is a bad habit to start and not one that should be started at your age. Just think of all the problems you could be causeing for yourself later down the road.

18. applegirl macrumors regular

applegirl

Parliament Lights, about 10 a day.

I started smoking when I was 17, kind of been off and on since then, but wish I never started in the first place. I've heard people say that once you're a smoker you're always a smoker because if you quit, even 30 years down the line you'll still get cravings every once in a while.

The times I have quit have lasted about 6 months to a year, usually I start back up when I get into a really stressful situation (last time I started back up was during final exams, last semester of my senior year of college).