Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Hello Guys,

I open this thread since I don't find one with this particular situation. I have ios beta 6 installed and it works fine with imessages but regular sms doesn't work. I was only able to send text messages to other iphone trough imessage. I turned off the imessage feature and now nobody can send me text.. Anyone with this problem?

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Hello Guys,

I open this thread since I don't find one with this particular situation. I have ios beta 6 installed and it works fine with imessages but regular sms doesn't work. I was only able to send text messages to other iphone trough imessage. I turned off the imessage feature and now nobody can send me text.. Anyone with this problem?

Not an issue I've heard anyone complain about, and it works fine on my 5. Try restoring the software, or resetting network settings.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I did both and nothing... it only works with imessage

It might be a carrier problem and not the phone itself. The messages just aren't being sent or delivered properly and getting lost in cyber space.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Hello Guys,

stupid question but is SMS turned on under settings > messages? It's off by default in beta 6 I think.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Well...at the end it was a problem with Att... I called att and they took away my sms plan for no reason. Never knew why they did that... they place the sms service back and everything back to normal. Thaks to all that helped me with this issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.