Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
USA
My mother doesn't really use her iPhone much at home and prefers to do all her SMS and calls through her iPad. SMS works for a little while until it ends up hanging on sending with the green bar across the top always getting stuck at around 80%. Then, I end up going to her iPhone and looking at her messages and the ones that are stuck sending show up on the iPhone, but they don't say they're sent or delivered. We have excellent service at our house, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I've already tried hard rebooting both devices and disabling and enabling text message forwarding between them, but the problem still persists. I'm hoping it doesn't come down to restoring both of them, but I'm desperate for a fix since she complains to me about it almost everyday.

Thanks!

Goalieed

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2014
I've been having the same issue, not sure if it is due to enabling t-mobile's wifi calling or what.

xoAnna

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2013
Planet Earth…
I, too, have been having this issue lately. Seems to be just with SMS/MMS (non-iMessage texts). I am on AT&T so doesn't seem to be just a T-Mobile issue. For example, my husband has an android phone but we're both on the same plan with AT&T and if i text from ipad to him the texts just keep saying "sending" atvabout 80-85% like what OP has described. Very frustrating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.