Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

usmanwrites1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2015
Whenever i try to send an SMS to multiple recipients the message is failed. Please help
267fac959e148b98674889cff62c0344.jpg

asergioam

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2015
What does it say when you press the exclamation mark?
Does it send well if you try does two persons with individual messages?

usmanwrites1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2015
What does it say when you press the exclamation mark?
Does it send well if you try does two persons with individual messages?
When I press exclamation mark
5cafbdb0e631b66d331d0725f40836c0.jpg

And no problem to sending messages to individual recipients

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If i try to send a group text then it's converted into MMS. Why is so?
I'm not sure SMS supports group messaging--messaging the same thing to multiple people each of which basically get a separate individual SMS with the same message is certainly one thing, but an actual group conversation where everyone appears as a recipient on everyone else's device, that's somewhat different and might not be supported by SMS, while it is supported by MMS.

Reactions: usmanwrites1

usmanwrites1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2015
I'm not sure SMS supports group messaging--messaging the same thing to multiple people each of which basically get a separate individual SMS with the same message is certainly one thing,.

I only want this thing not group conversation

usmanwrites1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2015
Meaning you want to just send the same SMS to multiple people? I think there are settings to enable/disable group messaging (and/or MMS) if you go to Settings > Messages.

Yes I want to sen same sms to multiple people but whenever i try to do this then MMS is sent instead of sms.

My current settings are

20573d96d440eab0412d0d0c54c3c04c.jpg

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes I want to sen same sms to multiple people but whenever i try to do this then MMS is sent instead of sms.

My current settings are

20573d96d440eab0412d0d0c54c3c04c.jpg
Well, if MMS and group messaging (and even iMessage) are turned off, not sure why/how it would try to send a group message or MMS then. Perhaps you can try restarting your phone if not resetting network settings just in case to make sure those settings are actually in effect.

usmanwrites1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2015
Well, if MMS and group messaging (and even iMessage) are turned off, not sure why/how it would try to send a group message or MMS then. Perhaps you can try restarting your phone if not resetting network settings just in case to make sure those settings are actually in effect.

Thanks for assisting, I tried both, even I changed my network but still no luck.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thanks for assisting, I tried both, even I changed my network but still no luck.
I'm assuming you tried deleting the conversation that you have (if you have an existing one that you keep on trying to use) and creating one from scratch, just to make sure some weird setting or something else doesn't get carried over (if that might have been behind it in some way)?

usmanwrites1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2015
I'm assuming you tried deleting the conversation that you have (if you have an existing one that you keep on trying to use) and creating one from scratch, just to make sure some weird setting or something else doesn't get carried over (if that might have been behind it in some way)?

I couldn't never send same message to whole group so there is no point in talking that i have any old thread.

Whenever i try to send a same sms to any two or more persons then this **** happens

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I couldn't never send same message to whole group so there is no point in talking that i have any old thread.

Whenever i try to send a same sms to any two or more persons then this **** happens
Yeah, that's unfortunate. Could there be some limitation on the side of the carrier you are using (doesn't sound too likely, but you never know)?

usmanwrites1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2015
Yeah, that's unfortunate. Could there be some limitation on the side of the carrier you are using (doesn't sound too likely, but you never know)?

Might be but as I told you that I already switched the carrier once

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Might be but as I told you that I already switched the carrier once
Sorry, might have overlooked that part earlier. I guess even less likely then. It sounds like something strange is going on that doesn't really have much of a straightforward cause/solution. As you have tried many things on your end, the only other thing perhaps to try if you want and if you haven't already tried is perhaps completely restoring your device and not putting any backup back on it and trying it from a fresh new state to see if you can do it all then--if you still can't, then it's hard to imagine what it could be, but if you somehow can, then it could be some weird setting or something in your current setup/backup then.

Ravenis

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2014
Does your carrier support group messaging? Have you tried to toggle on iMessage to see if it helps? Does this happen with specific contacts or any?

On my device in Settings > Messages under the 'SMS/MMS' section I have a toggle for Group Messaging. What iOS version are you running?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.