SMS via Bluetooth Phone

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jiggie2g, May 26, 2004.

1. jiggie2g macrumors 6502

jiggie2g

Can anyone tell me how to get the SMS feature in Address Book to work with My Sony Ericsson T616 , i have my iMac and Phone Paired , i can makes calls and see incoming messages displayed on my monitor but i can't seem to get the SMS to work for some reason , it will let me write the message but after i press send nothing seems to happen.

2. Threnody macrumors member

Threnody

Are you sure nothing's happening? I know when I use click send, through my T616, nothing "happens" but the message is sent. Unfortunately Address Book doesn't give you a "sending message" dialog or anything. Try sending a message to yourself and see if it works.

3. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Odd, it's always been the opposite for me (I can send txts, but don't receive them). What Bluetooth adapter are you using on the iMac, out of curiousity?

4. mooshoo macrumors regular

Actually, I'm pretty curious about this feature too. I have a 15"PBG4, 1 ghz, 1 gig RAM, most current OSX, and it is paired with my SONY ERRICSON P800. I can do the exchanges with the Adress Book, but I haven't figured out how to make calls/monitor calls on the PB. Do you know if this is a matter of finding the software for it, or is it compatibility? Again, the phone is paired via BlueTooth. I just don't have the other aforementioned features.

thnks!

5. Threnody macrumors member

Threnody

Mooshoo, in address book there's a bluetooth button on the toolbar. Click it. Then, whenever someone calls or you get an SMS a dialog box will pop up. You can also dial a number or send an SMS by clicking on a phone number in the address book. Unfortunately, I don't know how to have the Address Book automatically connect at startup, but it otherwise works great.

6. mooshoo macrumors regular

7. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

adding address book in the startup items should do it.

cheers

8. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

you learn something everyday.

thanx