Smudge on iPhone 5 camera lens

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brayhite, Nov 2, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

The smudge can be seen on the column. It's the dark circle. It shows in all my videos and pictures (if the background is the right color and shade). Is this something other have experienced, and if so, can I do anything to clean the lens or fix it otherwise?

I'd prefer not to have to go to the apple store because its some distance away from where I live.

2. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Heh, just realized my original post didn't have the pictures attached. Apparently the mobile upload of pictures doesn't work properly?

Here are three photos with the smudge. It appears to be on the cover itself cause it's larger in one photo where I've zoomed in. The smudge appears in the bottom left. Anyone else experiencing this? Is this covered by Apple though I've had it since launch?

Attached Files:

3. macrumors newbie

I have the same issue!

But there are three of them. Interestingly, when I сuff the phone, sometimes they change their position. Looks like a dust.

But I don't know how to fix it yet.
    Somewhere here I've seen a topic that guys at App store clean it.

However I'm also far from any App store and will be able to visit it only on January.

4. macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

it looks like dust on the sensor, especially if they move.

It is an issue with cheaper digital cameras too. The cheaper cameras sometimes have gaps in the casing around the ports, battery and lens openings where dust can get in them migrate to the sensor. It manifests as little grey circles or ovals.

5. macrumors regular

6. macrumors newbie

So what should we do?
    I don't want to have a refurbished phone.
    Can anybody confirm the information that Genius at App Store can fix this problem with just cleaning the camera?

7. macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey