Snagged an XBOX 360.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Rob587, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

I grabbed one of the game stop bundles that went on sale for like an hour today. It says they will ship out on the 12th.. anyone else kind of shocked about this since they cant even fill their pre orders?

Also did I get a good deal?

Premium console box
    7 games
    2 extra wireless controllers
    2 extra charge and play kits
    1 year warranty
    and overnight shipped
    for a total of $1039

Do you think gamestop will let me bring the games I dont want to the store and trade um?

Just answer all of my questions in steps. lol :p

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

damn thats alot of money. but good luck with it....too much mula for me to handle.

they should let u trade em in.....gamestop? or did u get it from eb?

Bless

3. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

dude if you got the money to afford that then God bless ya... have fun with your new 360, I'm jealous

4. Rob587 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rob587

oh... well im selling alot of it off... I just bought it because its the most reasonable price compared to anything right now.. ill be selling most of the games and accessories.

5. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I would think Gamestop would let you bring them in exchange them as long as the plastic cover is still on them. Glad to hear you got one. Maybe this means we'll be seeing shipments soon.

6. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

Have had mine since launch. guess freezing my arse off paid off in the end. I love the thing!

7. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

a little off topic...

I played the 360 for the first time today at the ebgames store. It was Quake 4 and i noticed that the controller did not rumble when i fired the gun. Do the new controllers not rumble? That would be terrible...:confused:

8. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Not sure. I thought I remembered playing CoD and the controller rumbled but maybe I'm just imagining this.

9. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

10. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah it does, but not as much as the old xbox did. i wonder why

11. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Maybe to conserve the battery life in the wireless ones and they just didn't feel like make to entirely different controllers by making one rumble more then the other. Or maybe one does rumble more.

12. DrNeroCF macrumors 6502

1000 bucks??? I got over 30 games between my Gamecube and DS and I still don't think i've sunk that much on them!

1000 bucks for a system in which half the games are nothing but current-gen titles running in high resolution, a good percentage overheat, it's noisy as hell, games are 60 bucks...

Not to mention the controller will look ancient next to the Revolution's when it comes out...

Man, I guess if you had nothing better to do with that money... hell I might pick one up once it's 200 bucks... but it's just not worth buying anytime soon...

13. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Try to return them, but if not tell us how much gamespot is willing to offer for the "trade in" and maybe us macrumors people can buy a few first.

14. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

::cough cough:: fanboy

but seriously, i think the exact same thing. The rev will make or break the true "next generation" of gaming.

15. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Always nice to see the Nintendo fans pay every Xbox thread a visit. :rolleyes:

Also, Gamestop.com and Gamestop B&M stores, to my knowledge, are different organizations. Meaning, Gamestop.com gets different allocations from MS than Gamestop stores. This has come up on the official Xbox forums.

Gamestop.com's online orders have no effect on the allocations to Gamestop stores. Those pre-orders will be filled before the 12th, supposedly.

16. nimbus macrumors regular

$1000 for Xbox 360 and sub par games? Gosh, you must be really bored. I do think its worth waiting until some actual good games come out, or when the other 2 (PS3 and Rev) comes out. Cuz 360's price will drop a tad then, though they will lose out to the competition. But if you have the money, why not burn it?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

17. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be

gamestop will let you exchange the games at the same value, as long as they haven't been opened. EB Games stores won't let you however, not yet anyway. if you've opened them, then you'll have to trade them, and you'll get less than 50% for them, not so good.

18. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Hey, Nintendo fanboys. I TEABAG YOUR FISHER-PRICE COLOR-SCHEMED PIECES OF CRAP. Shut up. Xbox and PS3 own you.

lmao

Anyway, yeah you got a good deal, let me know which games you will be selling, and if you're selling a wireless controller. I probably wouldn't pay retail, but I'd give you 60 for a charge kit and controller. I'm also looking for racing games.

thanks!

19. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Well that wasn't very nice

20. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

no, but it's not nice to threadcrap either, and that's all these Nintendo fanboys do anyway.

21. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Wow, way to ignore somebody's point entirely by labelling him a fanboy.

His point is valid.
    He bought a DS and a GameCube and a large number of games and he hasn't spent near that much money.

I'm sure if someone brought up that they have a PSP and PS2 and haven't spent $1000 on it he'd be labeled a Sony fanboy as well. :rolleyes:

22. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

He doesn't have a point, he has slanderous comments based on opinions, on a thread that has nothing to do with Nintendo in the first place. It's a total threadcrap.

If he doesn't feel it's worth it, fine, but state WHY and don't sit around and say things that are intended to make the OP feel like a jerkoff for buying a 360 in the first place. If the OP wanted a 360, it's his choice and he shouldn't be made to feel like his decision was poor.

23. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Hm, wait a sec, are you referring to nimbus or DrNeroCF?

I was assuming Nero because I missed nimbus's comments. If you were referring to Nero, his first line is his point; it's quite a lot of money to spend for a gaming system and a couple games.

If you're referring to nimbus, then nevermind. Nimbus isn't a Nintendo fanboy. He's beyond that. He makes Nintendo fanboys look bad. He's obsessively rude about other platforms. The mods already had to delete his posts in another thread.

24. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Mostly Nero, but Nimbus a little as well.

I would really like to keep Console topics specific to each console unless there are compatibility or cross-platform title questions/comments, simply because we end up off topic like we are now because someone makes a completely useless post about another console in the thread.

I may have crossed the line with my fisher-price comment, but then again, I feel it was justified given the circumstances, that and I hate Nintendo for what is today.

Anyway:

NEXT POST ON TOPIC:

25. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I agree. I can understand that one person may like a console over another but there's point saying the same thing over and over in different threads when the threads aren't even related to console someone is posting about.