Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdetry

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
Barcelona
I am seriously thinking about Swithing to MAC platform and only one program that I use on daily (many times per hour) is the only thing keeping me thinking about it.

This program is called Snagit. http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/

It a simple but very elegant, quick and practical utility that captures a screen or a region of the screen and enables you to make notes, circles, lines and process the image you have just captured and send it to the clipboard.

It´s not just a printscreen. It actually let´s you edit the image in a very quick and easy way without having to open a specific an editing software to do it. It super quick. Does anybody know Snagit in PC platform and can recommend a similar one on MAC.

If you have a PC and don´t now Snagit download the evaluation and give it a try. you´ll never regret it.

Thanks,

Marcos

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
dcollierp said:
OS X has a utility called grab.

I don't believe grab has a built-in studio for editing the images you capture, etc. does it?

I think Snapz or something like that exists for the Mac and sounds like it can do alot of stuff like SnagIt.

SnagIt does rock :)

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
you want this: Desktastic
it'll let you use your keyboard and mouse (or Wacom tablet [not sure about other brands]) to draw on your desktop... it has a pen tool, a type tool, an eraser, and a stamp that stamps arrows...
as for taking screenshots, you can take a full screen shot right in desktastic and save it as a PNG.. but personally, it seems easier to switch to finder and use finder's built-in screen shot taker (cmd-shift-3=full screen, cmd-shift-4=use cross-hair).. however, this will give you a pdf, and i'm not sure how useful that would be to you w/o having to convert it to jpg or the like (which you can do with apple's own preview)
i'm not sure if snagit is freeware/shareware/whatever, but desktastic is $12.95 from panic software... you can get a 15-day trial, and if you're in need of an FTP utility, panic's transmit is the favorite of many...

good luck with your switch,
reality

mdetry

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
Barcelona
Snag replacement on the MAC

Thanks a lot for the advise.

I think that Desktastic will do it. I will go to a friend with a Mac and try it.

January is my Switcher Date! I really look forward to it.!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.