Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Thomas Veil said:
You know what this thing reminds me of? One of those crappy 1980s or 90s made-for-TV movies. Just with a slightly bigger budget.

Sounds like great MST3K fodder. Too bad they're not around anymore. :p

Python, Anaconda, Bats...

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
More ideas:

I am *totally* going to see Snakes on a Plane (profanity below!):

Snakesonaplane.png

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Atlasland said:
I want these mother****king snakes off this mother****ing plane!
Anyone see Jackson on The Daily Show yesterday? They showed a clip, and he does say this line.

Rumor has it that the line was not originally in the movie, that it was just something that someone on the internet made up because it sounded "Jackson-ish"...but the line caught on and became so popular that the producers went back and shot a new scene specifically so they could incorporate that line into the film.

If that's true, it'd be possibly the first example of the internet driving movie production. How cool is that? :cool:

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Thomas Veil said:
Anyone see Jackson on The Daily Show yesterday? They showed a clip, and he does say this line.

Rumor has it that the line was not originally in the movie, that it was just something that someone on the internet made up because it sounded "Jackson-ish"...but the line caught on and became so popular that the producers went back and shot a new scene specifically so they could incorporate that line into the film.

If that's true, it'd be possibly the first example of the internet driving movie production. How's cool is that? :cool:
I think the coolest thing of all is that SLJ stood up to the producers when they were thinking of renaming the movie to something stupid like Pacific Air Flight 125 and said, "No, I took this role SPECIFICALLY because the name of the movie's Snakes on a Plane, and you will NOT rename it."

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
sunfast said:
If I go and see this film, will it make me stupid?
if you want to see it because you think it will be a great action thriller, then by all means you are stupid :p . If you want to see it because it will be so bad that it will be funny, then no, your intelligence is not threatened in the least. Samuel L. Jackson is a funny man ;)

Anyone else going to the premiere at 10:00pm tonight? Some theaters are having special first showings of it tonight at that time? I'm going with my friends, it'll be a hoot.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I'm seeing it tonight :).

I'm actually a little scared. The snakes look scary :eek:. I think I'll make it though - should be funny.

e

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
monkeydo_jb said:
Click me to have Samuel L call your friends and tell them to see this movie!

that is freaking ingenius... so awesome

saw slj on the daily show and while it's funny how everything is so marketed now, it still looks like it will be funny. kinda odd that the original director ended up getting fired, seems like kind of a bummer. but oh well

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Got my tickets to see the first showing here at 10pm...Should be a fantastically good time. I think one of the best times to see it will be with a packed house, I think the audience will just have fun with it. :D

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
rockthecasbah said:
If you want to see it because it will be so bad that it will be funny, then no, your intelligence is not threatened in the least. Samuel L. Jackson is a funny man ;)

Sweet - that's my reason :p

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Xcat said:
I heard about the movie, and was amazed that they can make an entire movie out of this concept.

It's an effin' contained metal cylinder flying through the air. How isolated can you get? They must've saved a bundle on sets. But still. Where are you going to hide? The bathroom? The snakes on the plane. Whoop-de-doo. What in the freakin' world are you going to do about it? Can't run. Can't hide. There's absolutely no place to go. The snakes will probably just slither around until someone steps on them. Is the movie just going to be all the people squished up to the window seats, thwacking the snakes with their carry-on for 120 minutes?

I'm immensely curious to see how they made a plot out of this, and will see the movie ASAP.

And yet they managed to make a 90 minute movie about some dude in a phone booth. :p (Which was a pretty decent movie anyway).

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Deefuzz said:
Got my tickets to see the first showing here at 10pm...Should be a fantastically good time. I think one of the best times to see it will be with a packed house, I think the audience will just have fun with it. :D
Don't laugh, but if this is movie is as high camp as it looks, I think it has "Rocky Horror Picture Show" potential. You know, midnight showings, people screaming, dressing up like characters and throwing phony snakes around the theater in the middle of the scariest parts....

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
SUCH A GOOD MOVIE

Lots of laughing occurred and cheering for Jackson. Everyone must go out and see this movie.

Absolute pure brilliance at its finest.

Can't wait to get the soundtrack and buy the movie when it comes out on DVD

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
saw it at 10 o'clock tonight. BEST. MOVIE. IN. THE. HISTORY. OF. GOD.
i dont think ive ever been in a movie the audience loved so much :eek:
btw, if you're a guy and ever hope to go to the bathroom again without fear, don't see it.

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
eva01 said:
SUCH A GOOD MOVIE

Lots of laughing occurred and cheering for Jackson. Everyone must go out and see this movie.

Absolute pure brilliance at its finest.

Can't wait to get the soundtrack and buy the movie when it comes out on DVD
glad to hear its not utter crap:p :D

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Wow. Not that many reviews to date but Rottentomatoes is going nuts for it. When it shows up here I will have to go and see me some "************ snakes on a ************ plane".

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
I saw the very first show last night at 10pm. THAT S**T WAS CRAZY! It was everything i expected. Every little piece was just so bad, so amazing. That movie is a life changing event. Everyone was just going nuts in our theater with barrages of "WOO! SAMUEL L JACKSON" 's and bursts of applause at every climaxing scene or funny occurance. I urge you to see this movie ;)

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
rockthecasbah said:
I saw the very first show last night at 10pm. THAT S**T WAS CRAZY! It was everything i expected. Every little piece was just so bad, so amazing. That movie is a life changing event. Everyone was just going nuts in our theater with barrages of "WOO! SAMUEL L JACKSON" 's and bursts of applause at every climaxing scene or funny occurance. I urge you to see this movie ;)

and probably the biggest, loudest cheering and clapping at an end of a movie I have ever witnessed.

Best. Movie. Ever!

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
BEst Scene ever!

Loge said:
Saw the trailer while waiting to see POTC. The trailer was funnier than anything in POTC.

After seeing this scene.... I bet this movie is better than Taladega Nights.

**NOT** TN Was truly a great movie

Attachments

• 04-peewee.jpg
    04-peewee.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 39

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
spicyapple said:
Am I the only one who hasn't followed this internet phenomenon? I don't get it. :(

That makes two of us then. I'm totally clueless :confused: :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.