Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Snapchat tonight has been updated with a new way for users to interact with other people's stories, removing Auto Advance and replacing it with Story Playlists. Currently, when a user finishes watching another user's story, the app automatically begins the next person's story.

snapchat-800x711.jpg

On its blog, Snap acknowledges that Auto Advance "made it impossible to individually choose which story to watch." Sometimes, Snap says, users only want to watch stories from a select few friends or families. Now when users watch a singular story it will not automatically advance to the next story. To create a Story Playlist users can click on the thumbnail of a stories to queue them into a playlist that will autoplay.

Additionally, Snapchat has been updated to "put friends first." Snap has moved publisher content from news organizations from the top of the app to the bottom, below the updates of friends, family and celebrities a user may follow.

Snapchat is available for free in the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: New Snapchat Update Replaces Auto Advance With Story Playlists

alvesik

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2016
I always like having the dumb news stories at the top. They make for nice entertainment on public transportation.

Superhappytree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Cumbria
Snapchat has got to be the absolute dumbest form of social media out there. I don't see the draw for it.

Depends on your age. If you're older then it's understandable you'll just see it as "nonsense", but Snapchat's more youth oriented (18-24). But mostly everyone my age uses it (26) and even in their 30's too.

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
The fact that you don't understand it doesn't mean it's dumb.

I completely understand Snapchat and have an account. It is still my opinion that it is the dumbest mainstream social media platform out there.
[doublepost=1476178114][/doublepost]
Depends on your age. If you're older then it's understandable you'll just see it as "nonsense", but Snapchat's more youth oriented (18-24). But mostly everyone my age uses it (26) and even in their 30's too.

I am in my 30's and have an account and know quite a few people that use it. I'm just not a fan of the platform.

miknos

Suspended
Mar 14, 2008
Is Snapchat used to follow girls who post bikini photos? Isn't it Instagram already in that market?

Snapchat target audience is 18-24? That's women's peak value so I guess that explains it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.