Snapscan In OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by winschel, Jul 25, 2002.

1. winschel macrumors newbie

does anyone know is there is driver available for an AGFA Snapscan scanner for OS -X? The apple site refrences one but the link is dead. A call to AGFA was of no help at all. Any help appreciated:mad:

2. backspinner macrumors 6502a

Agfa did quit the snapscan line due to low profits...
    But they made a good os x version of the software. I have a copy of it, but it's too big to email :)

3. winschel thread starter macrumors newbie

Help Please

Can you tell me where I can get this? It would really help make my life easier.. No further need to reboot in OS9 to scan... Thanks for any help. chuck

4. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Hi

If you e-mail me to remind me I will send you a copy, I wont be able to do it till wednesday cause I am away tomorrow but I can shove it on my server for you then.

guy@brooklineuk.com

Ensign

5. McFreggle macrumors 6502

McFreggle

Re: Snapscan In OS X

They're right on http://support.agfa.com, no???

k.

6. winschel thread starter macrumors newbie

The only ones I can find at the AGFA site for the original Snapscan are for OS9. All links I have found to the OS-X version are dead... I know that AGFA has dropped support for this old scanner but I also hear that there is a version available that they prepared before dropping support.. That is what I am hoping to find

7. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I saw the driver for OSX last week. I have a 1212U (usb) and for some reason I entered to the support section and at the end of everything you can choos between the driver for OS9 or OSX. I dodn't download the driver for OSX yet but is there.

Agafa is not producing scanners or cameras, thanx good they still working with the drivers, my digital camera and my scanner are agfa, they are really good.

8. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

link

http://support.agfa.com/support/swDownload1.jsp

When you got your scanner it probably came with FotoLook. That was a quality app. The new ScanWise app that came after that (and works with OS X now) Sucks. It has most of the functions as the old FotoLook did but they are hard to find. FotoLook is not only for the AGFA pro scanners. I have writen them many angry emails about their lack of customer suport. I would still be using FotoLook if I sitll used OS9. There is a ScanWiseX installer for "All Scanners" Download that one...

I dont know if my link will work or not.. I had to post some data for it. You may have to go to the home page and get it that way. Pick the 1212U and I think the drivers should work for you.

-evildead

9. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

SnapScanX

I also have the 1212u, and the SSX works just fine. I didn't need to download any drivers for it-it just connected to the scanner by "looking" for it. Not a bad deal, even if the program is a little clunky.

Gus

10. saint macrumors regular

I have Scanwise for OS X, downloaded from agfa support, but can't find any free OCR software for OS X. If scanning text I need to open classic and use whatever came with the scanner. Hope somebody can prove me wrong though??