Snapseed, iPhoto, or other for iPhone 'editing' app?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by rbkhockey83, Apr 12, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I saw there was a thread on snapseed v. iphoto last month but it only had 1 reply and iPhoto has been out for longer now. I'm wondering which photo editor to get on my iPhone, it seems like iPhoto has more adjusting and tweaking while Snapseed has more filters. Which do you prefer? Or is there another app that you like better?

2. macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Why not use of a mix of several - thats the beauty of apps.

I'm keen on Camera+, Photoshop Express and iPhoto, although I do have Snapseed. Also try Luminance.

3. macrumors 6502

I have purchased a few apps for photos, including Snapseed, but find myself using Photogene all the time.

4. macrumors 68000

BJMRamage

a simple crop I will use Photo...(not iPhoto)

for all else I use Snapseed. it is Wonderful. I have Camera+ and a few others but those are kids tools. I have used Adobe PS Express before I had Snapseed.

Snapseed is great on the iPad as well and is universal.

5. macrumors G4

Small White Car

I still love using Photogene even though I now have iPhoto.

6. macrumors newbie

I have a ton of photo editing apps, but a few favorites are:

General photo editing w/ cropping & straightening:
    Snapseed
    Iris
    Photoshop Express
    Photoforge
    Photogene 2
    Luminance

Image processing w/ no cropping or straightening:
    Process (I really like the way this app handles adjustments as layers. It's very non-linear, and easy re-edit each adjustment, also allows you to save "processes" to the cloud for future use, and to share them by email. I can't recommend this app enough. Get it )

BTW, I am not affiliated with the Process app at all. I got it recently, and it immediately became one of my favorites. It might be my favorite photo app, but lack of cropping and straightening limit it somewhat. It is pretty awesome for what it does, though.

7. macrumors 6502a

Photoshop Touch (Not Photoshop Express) is really good.

8. macrumors newbie

I've been using Snapseed and I like it. But I'd like to be able to resize the image so that it's under 300k when I share on Flickr (or share anywhere) and I'd also like to be able to add a small watermark.

Do any of the other apps mentioned in this thread allow either or both of these to be done?

Oh, I am still using the original iPad so compatibility with that is another consideration

9. macrumors member

Hi guys,I am a long time user of Camera+,but recently downloaded Snapseed,it's free now,tried playing around,but kinda didn't find it user friendly,is it really that good ? Like I found it too complicated in comparison to Camera+.

10. macrumors 603

Menel

It has a learning curve. Since many of the controls of invisible, swiping up and down to select, and left and right to adjust. But then, it's really fast and easy to adjust.

11. macrumors member

Yeah,I played around with it,and now it seems good,like I found out the hidden pre-set filters,it's good and more powerful than camera+.

12. macrumors newbie

Snapseed better than camera+

I was also a big Camera+ fan and couldn't understand why everyone loved snapseed. I tried it several times and it seemed confusing. Like the above poster says, once you figure out how to use the hidden options, it is a great app and has replaced camera+ for me.

13. macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

Snapseed
    Pixlromatic - Some good frames
    Popsicolor - Gives some fun popsi effects
    Etchings
    ColorSplash
    Phonto - to add watermarks to your pics

14. macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Snapseed
    Simply HDR
    Camera+
    Photoshop Express

I'm tempted to try iPhoto but I feel like $5 for an app is a bit overkill since majority of paid apps are 99 cents. Also nobody above mentioned it as one of their favs which leads me to think it doesn't do anything special then other editing apps and isn't worth the price.