Snow Day!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by irain, Dec 9, 2005.

1. irain macrumors regular

Aug 1, 2005
    Hey, today, I had a snow day! The snow isn't wicked bad. But I am none-the-less excited. Anybody else have one?
  2. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    Not when you work from home. :rolleyes:

Hopefully it keeps FedEx away this morning, though.
  3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
    blah... i'm at work... but definitely not for a full day... need to get to costco to buy some sd memory cards...
  4. freeny macrumors 68020

Sep 27, 2005
    The snow definately makes the cold more tollerable. I'ts now turning to rain here.
  5. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

Feb 4, 2003
    New HAMpshire
    Snow day here in NH as well. I am the principal so I got to call it today! Of course the snow is really really coming down hard. Already 12 inches this morning and expecting 16+ by this afternoon. Snowing 2-3 inches an hour right now at 12:30ish We even had a 4WD bus arranged for today but was going be too deep. My school is near a pretty tough mountain to get over in bad weather- even with my Jeep. My wife teaches too so we have the whole family home today!
  6. doucy2 macrumors 65816

Jul 7, 2005
    yup snow day here
    3 inches and a lil ice
    they'll freak out here in ohio with that
    they cancelled school last night at 10 PM soo i knew ahead of time and slept in lol
  7. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
    I wish I had a snow day today. Last night was a real pain trying to get back to Chicago from Seattle. What is normally a 3 1/2 hour flight or so turned in to a 9 hour+ fun ride.

3 hours in the plane waiting to depart. 4 hours in the air. 2.5 hours on the ground in Chicago waiting for a gate. Then I got to go dig my car out from under 7 inches of snow and drive home on slick roads.

Today it's beautiful out - sunny, not snowing, not even all that cold. Dang.
  8. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Had about 6" of snow on the ground this morning when I woke up. The outside looks so pretty all dressed in white. :)

Still have class though... :mad:
  9. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little™.
  10. _Matt macrumors 6502

Aug 24, 2005
    Snow day here in northern NJ as well. We have a good 8 inches of snow on the ground. I love snow days. Sledding, hot chocolate, snowball fights...Nice to have one day to go back to childhood.
  11. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Aug 10, 2004
    New Haven, CT
    It's snowing hard in Connecticut. I have a presentation to give at 12 pm in New Haven, but can't get out of my drive way (Hamden). Hopefully people will understand and won't be too upset at me for not showing up. It's hard to tell.

I DO hope FedEx can deliver today. I am expecting my dual core G5 with the upgraded NVidia 7800 card!!

Yeah, the truth comes out...don't want to present, but want to set up my new G5!
  12. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Aug 10, 2004
    New Haven, CT
    9 hours!!! Yikes emw...Hope you are recovered today!
  13. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
    I suppose. Had to get up a snow-blow the driveway this morning. A little slow this morning, after getting home about 1:30am Central. Just now getting ready to head to work. :eek:
  14. mikemodena macrumors 6502a

May 30, 2005
    I have a snow day today.. the snow is almost half-way up the tires of my car... so my guess is around 6" of snow give or take
  15. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    As soon as I saw this, I looked at your location. Seems right to me. :D

According to the radar, the mix is just about to hit my area. I just hope the roads are clear enough tonight so I can go see Wynton Marsalis in New Bedford.
  16. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

Oct 6, 2005
    last night, we had almost 8 inches of snow, and they closed every single school in the county! YES! 3 DAY WEEKEND!! I went outside barefoot at 10 last night, it was right at 6 inches with a ruler, but my feet froze. It was still comin down hard, and it just looks like about 8 inches, so yeah. And,, just so everyone knows, going outside when it is snowing in 6 inches of snow is not very smart.
  17. runninmac macrumors 65816

Jan 20, 2005
    Rockford MI
    Wow I was just about to start a thread like this!

This morning my just before my alarm went off i was thinking to my self "****, i have a spanish test i didnt study for" then my mom comes walking in. "Paul you have a snow day" That was one of my more happy moments of my life:D I went back to bed and slept for 4 1/2 more hours:D
  18. Chubypig macrumors 6502

Aug 30, 2004
    I have a strike day. :( My teachers are on strike, so it could be a while before i go to school again. It will be ok for a little while, and then it will begin to suck, i'm sure.
  19. SurfinSHELL23 macrumors regular

Oct 18, 2004
    Aberdeen, NJ
    Well my family all decided to take off today about a week in advance or so. We decided that we would all just call in and if we had off so be it.

My mom's school got a delay, mine got nothing. However my school is a countwide tech school, so the kids come from all districts. Their home districts provide busing. My home district didn't have school. So I wouldn't have been able to have transportation this afternoon to my work. The AM would have been OK, but it was really hazardous driving at that time. So it's just as well that I didn't go. I'm hoping I won't get docked for the day since I really had no transportation.

I just wish my school would have had off too so I wouldn't have had to make assignments and tests up. :( We had off on Tues, when everyone else in the county had a delay, so I guess this was our punishment.
  20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    A snow day would have been nice. Offive building had an electric power test last night, had me worried. Woke up at 4:30 and found out all our servers were down. Snow was coming down pretty hard. Called IT VP and he was in the office. Gave me vague answers. Left home at 5:30 to head to work. Servers all still down when I got there. Top network guy was nowhere to be seen. The IT VP and others looked spooked. I asked where Bill was since this problem had been going on since midnight. No answer. Bill shows up at 8:20 and got all servers up at about 8:45. Lost web site for 12 hours. Not good, especially given a competitor just went out of business.

Can't wait to ask the IT VP (bumbling idiot) where Bill was in our staff meeting later today.
  21. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    snow day here too, but I work at home so that meant I had to go shovel the driveway for my wife to get to work.

I did go out and go sledding down our hill with my son, but since he's only 2, that lasted about 10 minutes before he got cold hands and a red face. Oh, and lots of snot :D

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    Frozen snot or froze boogers as my nephew calls it?
  23. OutThere macrumors 603

Dec 19, 2002
    We've got about a foot on the ground, but no snow day...exams at boarding school. :eek:
  24. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Aug 23, 2003
    Fort Myers, FL
    Ski Time Baby!

3 1/2 feet of snow in the last week at Breckenridge CO. My boys and I leave for there next weekend! Yahoo :D I haven't had ski's on in 20 years. Hope it's like riding a bike. I used to ski pretty well :eek: I've heard that equipment has come a long way. My boys are hooked up with snowboarding lessons for three days straight so they should get the hang of it. I'm sticking to what I know (or used to know) and that's skiing.

25. CompUser Guest

We have at least 10" here.

I need to go snowblow LOL.

I can't believe my dad drove 1.5hrs to work today, he left the house at 4:30 today.