Snow??? In Friggin' April!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by MrMacMan, Apr 7, 2003.

1. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

What the hell is this?

Why are the schools friggin; closed? They still have the salt, give the trucks gas and lets not close the schools!

My grades were suppoto be in today! No! You cannot close the schools! The forcasts must be wrong! THERE WILL BE NO SNOW!!! please

[/breaks down and crys]
    *sob*

sorry about that... I don't want my school to be cancled, my grades have to be in today and well the teachers were giving the Students the grades so we can find a reason why they are so hi/low and talk to our parents about them, now kids are screwed.
    :(

2. Independence macrumors regular

hey, we got freezing rain here. school's closed and im happy. :D

3. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

yeah, my school's closed too, but my brother's isn't, i don't know why.

4. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Worse yet, NYC I think it open, my school is closed so my mom goes to work in NYC schools and I have to baby sit my sister!

N0000OOOOOooooo!

5. Computer_Phreak macrumors 6502

sadly, we don't have to worry much ever about snow here in South Carolina.:(

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

your probably the first person ive seen complain that you didnt have school. i would be happy. oh well, not everyone is like me.

iJon

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

it's like that cold front we got here in New Orleans last weekend...heh...

and btw...I edited your thread title just so u don't piss anyone off...m'kay? ;)

8. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    wow, it's that bad out on LI?? not here in Brooklyn. My ex, lives in Lynbrook, teaches in the South Bronx, and I got an email from here first thing, so I guess she's at work today. weird.

9. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

update: it just starting snowing a little while ago, seems to be coming down pretty hard. yay! :D maybe school will be canceled tomorrow.

10. sturm375 macrumors 6502

Snow here too

I woke up to a blanket of snow here in northern Illinois. It's acutally sort of a slushy, like a massive Icee malfunction:D .

Not nearly enough to close schools by itself around here. Unless it caused poweroutages, or other secondary catastrophies, a little snow doesn't phase us in the midwest.

It's right now 31 Degrees F in Batavia, IL. Just last week, it was around 80.:(

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I love the snow, so I don't mind! :) We are under a Winter Storm Watch here in Boston. They are predicting 3 - 6" of snow, suppose to start this afternoon. So far this year school has no been cancelled r/t vacations & weekends. I don't think this will cause a cancellation either.

12. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

no school

at times like these, i hate going to a partly boarding school! :mad: :mad: :mad:

13. zulgand04 macrumors regular

zulgand04

here in ct we got out early, yay but it hasnt even started snowing yet lol, boy i love this state

14. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Advantage of my job: Wake up, 6 inches of snow and bitter wind. Solution: Call corporate travel, get tickets and hotel, spend next four days in LA doing research. Departing for airport in about 20 minutes.

15. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

You downstaters are wimps. We can get 3 inches of snow and the kids would still have school. Down in LI they get the threat of snow and they cancel.

So sad:(

16. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

aint it great? :D

17. iElvis macrumors member

Here in IL we got a few inches of snow. Well school is still open and i still had to goto track practice at 6am. Made for some fun driving tho. ;)

18. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Erg... fine.

I am mad about this also, so damn annoying...

Let me explain why I didn't want snow.
    a) I haven't been to school since wed
    b) I have 2 test tommorow
    c) The grades are due tommorow and I wanted to know my average!

Damn Weather!

19. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I have always been suprised when not a snow flake has fallen and they end school early or close school, depending on the timing of the storm.

They should live in Colorado or Nebraska area were they have real winters!

20. Zeke macrumors 6502

That's really odd that they're closing for this snow. Here in Ithaca we get 9" and nothing closes. It was really interesting the time it snowed that much and I had to drive my Vette home from school uphill. I went and bought a 4x4 before the next storm. As far as I know though, Cornell hasn't closed for snow in a long time. Kinda wish it would. That'd be cool.

21. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

I was at Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN, if you are wondering) in 1995 when they closed classes for the first time in 40-odd years. It wasn't the snow - it was the -60 degree wind chill!!!!

We had the slush here this morning, but it is raining now and most of it is gone.

22. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

there is almost nothing on the ground here in Monroe NY. of course if we had 7 inches acually coming, the school would give us a 2 hour delay. i want to knpow my grades too. all i know is i have an 84 in english.

23. King Cobra macrumors 603

>your probably the first person ive seen complain that you didnt have school. (iJon)

Hate to break it to you, but I would much rather have class than not. And I made a semi-big deal about this in another thread.

At least here class was open. Almost all the other buildings around were closed.

24. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

As of 8pm EDT no snow, I'm disappointed. According to weather radar it's on the way. Will have to wait to see in the morning!

25. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

8:00

it's about 8 o'clock here in Dullsville NY (aka Monroe) and barely anything is on the ground. as far as i know, the roads aren't bad at all. the school was cancelled for nothing.
    oh well:p