Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

odotan

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2008
B) My MBA runs warmer with SL

It's easily noticeable. Before, when I would close the lid overnight, the MBA feld aluminium-cool in the morning, but now, no matter how long it is in sleep when I touch it, it feels warm. Makes no sense since it's in sleep, but apparently it keep doing something to keep it warm.

I also suspect that the battery lasts shorter.

The fan always seems to be on and often at 6200 rpm

aaaandd.... worst part... somehow it feels much more jittery. This is a fresh install from an original retail DVD btw. I don't understand it. I hope apple addresses this issue.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
I have a Rev. A 1.6 with re-applied thermal paste (Arctic 5) and am running CoolBook.

Although I rarely do much more than Office and Firefox in OSX, I have noticed it much cooler when watching YouTube. In 10.5.8 I'd easily reach 85C but now it's rarely over 70C although the fans are going full speed. No core shutdowns or jerkiness either.

Idle remains around 37-40C and just Safari (without Flash ads) is 45C. Those were consistent with 10.5.8. Perhaps the Flash update in 10.6.1 did something? Regardless, the machine is running the best it ever has overall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.