Snow Leopard and Printer Problems, Please HELP!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by povsicf, Sep 17, 2009.

1. povsicf macrumors member

Mar 18, 2009
    I had Snow Leopard installed as an upgrade on my Macbook and my printer worked fine. I had to do a fresh install of Snow Leopard because I was having some other issues with it, and now they are gone but my printer won't work. I have a Lexmark Z2400 set up to print via wifi. But it just won't print and everytime I try to print is saids that its installed incorrectly, but I have done the install several times before the same way and before I did the SL install everything worked fine. Could it be a driver Problem?? Curious to know if anyone else has had something like this happen to them, and if so what can I do to make it work. Thanks again for all your help in advance.
  2. iChica macrumors newbie

Sep 17, 2009
    Wherever my MacBook Is :D
    hi there!
    snow leopard has included drivers for certain printers (with more coming). your printer probably isn't on the list. apple is uses a different printer something or other and that means that printer drivers can only be on the disc and other drivers can't be installed.
    ya gotta keep waiting... sorry.
  3. testcard macrumors 68020

Apr 13, 2009
    Middle England
    Have you tried the Lexmark site for updated drivers for SL? I had a similar problem with my Samsung printer, but a few days after the SL release Samsung had added new updated drivers.