Snow leopard vs Mountain Lion. Should I upgrade

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by steve11808, Aug 23, 2013.

  1. steve11808, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013

    macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2013
    #1
    I'm new to the forum and I've been looking for some answers on whether or not to upgrade my MacPro 4,1 early 2009 from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion. I have a MBP that has ML on it but I was wondering if there are any benefits to upgrading my tower. Please help.

    My Computer info is:
    Mac Pro 4,1 early 2009
    2x 2.26 GHz Quad Core
    20GB of RAM

    Thanks
     
  2. macrumors regular

    wiz7dome

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2003
    #2
    At some point you'll have no choice. I'd suggest you partition your hard drive and install a fresh copy of ML there. You can import your accounting settings etc. This way you can test it out for your self and see how well you like it or don't like it.

    You can also working knowing you have a backup of a stable OS. :cool:
     
  3. macrumors P6

    Weaselboy

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2005
    #3
    At this point, I would just wait another month or so for Mavericks.

    Are there features in the newer OS versions that you need, like iCloud for example?
     
  4. macrumors 604

    thejadedmonkey

    Joined:
    May 28, 2005
    Location:
    Pa
  5. Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #5
    If you're happy now with SL, and you're not being pushed into upgrading, i.e., a software update and/or application you need requires ML, then hold off.

    Plus with the release of Mavericks in the near future, why not hold off for that.
     

Share This Page