Snow!! (part deux)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Pittsax, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

I don't know what it's like in the rest of the northeast, but we're getting dumped on here in NYC. It's supposed to continue all night and through the morning too.

2. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Its snowing in UK too. The northeast and Scotland at moment but it looks like even London may eventually get a bit. Can't remember when it last snowed here tho I've missed a couple of winters.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Its more like part 7 in CT another 4-8 inches are expected.

4. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

You are all so lucky... Chicago warmed up and all we got was a lot of slush that has now melted. :(

5. russed macrumors 68000

russed

well here i woke up to find about 3 inches but it appears to be brightening up now = melting. boring. we never get anything that is particuarly decent any more.

6. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Didn't even settle here.. :(

7. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Do you know where there are any photos of Christo's "Gates" in the snow? I'd imagine that would be quite beautiful.

8. brap macrumors 68000

Sky turned black, hailstones, then thick blizzard of snow.

For 5 minutes last night :D

9. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

We had a very light covering here this morning plus a light flurry just before lunch... it's pretty much all gone now. Mind, given how good we are in dealing with snow in this country it'll still be enough to cause chaos and force people to abandon their vehicles on the commute home. :D

10. russed macrumors 68000

russed

well what i said i had above is not going rapidly. it is very slushy and i have to walk up to campus in it soon. looks like im gonna get wet!

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

We have had 4 - 6" of snow here in Boston. Was out shoveling snow for almost an hour this afternoon. I'm so please, a nice light fluffy snow. Looking at a beautiful l snow scene out of my window.

12. dhracer88 macrumors regular

We're getting snow soon- it's snowing up in Tahoe, which is good for snowboarding at Heavenly, but I'm sick of it. I've been waiting for my mountain bike jumps and my run to dry out, but it's been raining, creating wretched clay :mad: . But the ski season sure is nice this year, 23" of powder at Heavenly last Friday :) .

JM

13. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Do you think you could bring a lawsuit agaisnt world leaders for denying our right to snow because of global warming?

Hate to forsee a situation when i have children that they will not be able to play in the snow. :(

14. HydroMan macrumors 6502

HydroMan

Snowing pretty heavily here now but it's not settling, hasn't snowed here in ages, which means it must be quite bad everywhere else :eek: , blimey it's gonna be cold tonight sitting in the football(soccer) ground brrrrrrr.

15. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

Be grateful of the snow. It's the 5th wettest year on record here in southern California. Hillsides are liquifying and coming down all over. Rain is miserable.

16. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Yeah, part 8 in CT this coming Friday-Saturday. In New Haven we got 6 inches. Beautiful, but can't get out of my apartment till the snow plower comes (in the afternoon).

17. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Wha Hey!! Woke up and its white outside!!

All is right with the world.

18. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

News have it that it'll snow later on this afternoon in the southern part of Connecticut. Hate driving my Eclipse in the snow!

I guess this beats the rain/mudslide in California. Anyone on Macrumors affected by it? Was your Mac okay or washed down with the house?