Snowboarding and Ipods = Wonderful

Discussion in 'iPod' started by iOrlando, Sep 30, 2008.

1. macrumors 68000

Ok..so I am assuming...a shuffle (maybe refurbished) would make most sense snowboarding....but I would like to know from those who have done/do this...are there any problems that I should be prepared for? I.e. wont work in cold...headphones wont work...etc...

2. macrumors 603

mobilehaathi

Don't get snow on it.:D

3. macrumors newbie

I've found that the battery life takes a huge dip in near zero-degree weather, but the Shuffle is definitely the best (and safest) route.

4. macrumors G4

Chundles

Cold = bad for batteries so get one that's not too expensive.

On a personal note, make sure you can still hear stuff around you because if you combine a blind heel side with no ability to hear you're going to be a bit dangerous.

5. macrumors regular

sparky1499

or better still,

take up skiing!!!

Seriously though...when i'm out a find keeping my 1st gen nano in my chest pocket, metal side to my chest for heat transfer

6. jqc
    macrumors regular

whenever i snowboard by myself, i use my 2G nano - put it in your first layer chest pocket on shuffle and you're golden, no battery/cold issues. I only have one earphone in so I can still hear whats going on around me.

7. Moderator emeritus

sushi

For skiing I use my silver Shuffle. I clip it on the outside of my jacket. Makes it easy to push the controls with my glove on. Never had a problem with battery life or function, even after a big spill.