"Snowton" A Short Film by Cody Brown

Discussion in 'Community' started by codycartoon, Dec 24, 2003.

1. codycartoon macrumors regular

Sep 13, 2002
    Snowton, A Short Film by Cody Brown

Snowton (14:00, 16.6 MB)

Please leave any comments, suggestions, thoughts.

- cody
  2. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    A nice film Cody, thank you for sharing. I was disappointed that you didn't use any Christmas Music.
  3. Stike macrumors 65816

Jan 31, 2002
    Okay, here are my thoughts to chew on.

The camera work was overall okay, some nice shots here and there, the editing was a bit off though, the music was often interrupted by too many fades to black. Acting was good for what it is, the "scoot" quote from the ghost was hilarious.
    I had a big problem with the overall story. I didnt understand the ending. There are these characters, but I dont completely understand how they relate to each other. It was not made clear who likes/wants whom and, most important, why. I think Otis is an inactive guy who needs a swift kick in the butt to get moving, so I understand the function of the ghost. The girls remain pale as characters, they are not given enough screentime.

Maybe you could focus more on the storytelling first before shooting. Add more dialogue, much more, because I think this is a strength of yours. Let the characters talk, feel and express themselves. The audience will understand everything better then.

Perhaps you can comment on the idea, the story, the equipment used (hardware/software), I am always interested in that stuff ;)

Enough for my first thoughts?