SNOWY NORTHEAST

Discussion in 'Community' started by question fear, Jan 22, 2005.

1. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

IT'S snowing, hardcore in the northeast. here in boston we are at 10ish inches and still falling....
    anyone have any good snowed in suggestions?
    we're already drinking..........

2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

3. deltrotter macrumors regular

Hi virividox.

Can you check your PMs??????

Cheers

Del

4. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

Here in SE PA it just keeps on coming down... we have about 14 or 15 inches so far. :eek:

5. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

yeah and it's still coming down this morning. Noaa's upped the max accumulation to over 3 feet.

i guess you can keep drinking (bloody marys are good this time of day). just don't pass out before the Pats game!

6. question fear thread starter macrumors 68020

question fear

3 feet!!!

i still need to find out if my store is opening today. i think no, but since i don't need to be in until noon i have some time to find that out.

7. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

I'm in the northeast too.
    I'm about to go get a couple of Alaskan huskies and a dogsled.
    Replete with fur-lined hooded parka.

8. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'm getting ready to head to the Eagles game- but I've got to Shovel the in-laws' house for the 5th time before I go... It just keeps coming down- & now with this wind it's drifting like crazy...

9. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I do love snowy NFL games - safe driving to everyone who's driving to one!

10. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

around 22" this morning where i am in CT.

Off to go snowblow!

11. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Here's a picture from my window.

edit: nevermind, picture is 924k. Does anyone know how I can get it down to 100k? :confused:

12. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Here in Miami teh sun is shining as always!!! it si a bit cold tho, about 70's, I have to wear a t-shirt when going out :rolleyes:

It is funny because down in Caracas-Venezuela is way colder than here and there is not much difference in the location compared to Miami. :confused:

13. mpw Guest

Just asked the wife if she any ideas what what we'd do if we were stuck indoors all day and had 10inches....

14. zim macrumors 65816

zim

do any of you think that tomorrow will be a snow day? I am on the cape, my job already closed for tomorrow, hoping my wife's does the same (not very likely though).

15. question fear thread starter macrumors 68020

question fear

you had to ask? ;-)

16. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Bergen in NJ got about 12 inches to 15 inches of snow as of Sunday morning. I cleaned up the vicinity of my garague door and my company car in the apartment parking lot this early morning. The apartment maintenace truck/construction equipment were sweeping the snow off the parking areas (which was good). I hope there is no "mountain" of snow in the middle of the parking areas which take up too much of parking space.

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Here in Boston we got about 26" of snow. We officially had Blizzard conditions during the night. This classifies as the 5th worst snow storm since record keeping began, 1896.

Fortunately I have a neighbor with a snow blower. He was able to do the sidewalk and driveway. Spent the afternoon shoveling snow. The worst area is from the sidewalk to the street. The majority has to be done by hand. My neighbor's significant other and I were working on that task.

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Criminy, this morning (Sunday) I woke up to big drifts in my driveway. It was windy enough that half of what I shoveled got blown back at me.

I finally got that done by late morning, but as I type this, I'm looking up at the temperature in my menu bar, and it's four effing degrees. :(

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

CT did fairly well, 12 inches here 20 by the shore, we got lucky because the snow let up around 10pm so we missed out on about 6 extra inches.

20. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Boston, Massachusetts 5pm EST
    Currently: 18°F Light Snow
    Wind: North at 21.0 MPH
    Humidity: 84.0%
    Dewpoint: 14°F
    Barometer: 29.77* inches and rising
    Wind Chill: 1°F

This Afternoon: occasional snow. Becoming brisk. Highs in the upper 20s. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph late.
    Tonight: snow showers, tapering off after midnight. Total storm accumulation of 5 to 9 inches. Windy with lows around 10 above. North winds 20 to 30 mph gusting to 50 mph causing considerable blowing and drifting.
    Thursday: partly cloudy with a chance of snow showers in the morning, then mostly sunny in the afternoon. Brisk. Colder with highs around 14. North winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent.

The majority of schools are closed for the entire week due to the massive amount of snow. Boston schools were open today, but the supertendant apologized. Now Boston is also closed for the rest of the week. There was a report in the 11pm news from a bus driver how dangerous it in the streets. Many sidewalks still are not cleared. Just not safe to have children walking in the streets.

21. question fear thread starter macrumors 68020

question fear

wdlove, why do you have to remind me....i've been hiding in my living room trying to not look outside.

22. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

Got about 23-28" of snow this weekend, which did a number on my back and shouldars (snow removal). Yesturday we get another 3 to 8".

Can we have some more please. :rolleyes:

23. question fear thread starter macrumors 68020

question fear

at the rate the weather's going, we'll see all this snow melt sometime in june :p

24. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I sorry that I caused you anxiety question fear. :eek:

It seems that Harvey Leonard was correct last year. He had predicted that New England would have a lot cold and and snow this winter. He was tying this prediction the the larger than normal number of hurricanes in the Atlantic last year.

This January so far has made the history with a record amount of snow, 113 years of record keeping.

http://www.boston.com/news/weather/articles/2005/01/27/1_month_snowfall_a_113_year_high/