So, a free ipod, some questions

Discussion in 'iPod' started by techshellmacbook, Oct 13, 2007.

1. macrumors member

Feb 20, 2007
    this is going to sound messed up

Either way, my mom found a 4gb nano that was damaged at the bottom of a shipement box at work (she works at a clothing store), and the thing was a bit dented, but a 2nd gen practically brand new. It had 2 songs on there, the default ones i think, almost as if someone dropped it in after they got POed at it or something.

Either way, i got a cable when my macbook was in for service, and before, i showed it, the guy said thing was brand new, not regged, and im better off keeping it. He even offered to sell me a applecare plan on it :p.

Anyway, my macbook (more like crackbook), got fixed, got the cable, have been using it since.

The bottom plate wont stay in because of the dent in the case, so i am looking for another case, and a bud of mine is selling his 4gb or 8gb black nano, modded xbox, and some other stuff to me for 100 bucks, as i wanted another one to mess with.

Anyway, i was fascinated into loading a linux distro on the thing, but i guess the firmware has yet to be cracked on it.

Either way, can i load video on it or something, do any modding, except physical mods?
    Click for larger
  2. macrumors 6502

Mar 14, 2007
    No the 2nd gen nanos video card is not good enough.