Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
...that's right. The Apple sticker on my car's back window isn't sticking too well and peeling off. Good thing I have like 4 more :D

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
yg17 said:
...that's right. The Apple sticker on my car's back window isn't sticking too well and peeling off. Good thing I have like 4 more :D
I haven't yet found a good use for those stickers. I was considering sticking them on my Windows PC just because... :D

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Know what you mean...

I wasn't too fussed with those little bits of twisted wire that went around the power-leads in the newly-opened box of my G4.

They weren't much good for anything after that.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Apple's hockey puck mouse. Required constant cleaning. Made loud clicks. Squeaky after about 3 months of use. Impossible to keep straight. Scared just to think about it.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Lacero said:
Apple's hockey puck mouse. Required constant cleaning. Made loud clicks. Squeaky after about 3 months of use. Impossible to keep straight. Scared just to think about it.

Excellent point.

Had forgotten about those until recently, when I was asked to help fix a friend's G3 iMac. It also had a rubber ball in it... :eek:

Bit weird how that one actually got produced... nobody liked it – couldn't they see that? Or maybe it was one of Steve's things and nobody wanted to say 'Umm... Boss, that's a really crap idea...'

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
wrldwzrd89 said:
I haven't yet found a good use for those stickers.

I put one on the cubicles of 2 of our IT guys. :D

Idiots couldn't believe how fast I got our test eMac (testing our web sites, decided to have it moved to my office so I canuse Pages for some quick and pretty PDFs) up on the network and attached to a network printer. One of them said it's a good thing we don't have a lot of those of I'd be out of a job.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
The Apple stickers are the only thing that are making my car look classy.

By the way, the wors Apple product for me would be this WHITE wireless keyboard. It get so dirty that look like from the post war.

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
Blue Velvet said:
Bit weird how that one actually got produced... nobody liked it – couldn't they see that? Or maybe it was one of Steve's things and nobody wanted to say 'Umm... Boss, that's a really crap idea...'

The reason for the round mouse was for one purpose only to set it apart from the rest and acquire attention to a company and its products heading downwards to add someone DIFFERENT to the future outlook of both the product and company.

It had no other reason, it was a marketing ploy. :)

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
yg17 said:

I have yet to find a reason even a bad one for that matter to use the Apple stickers.

You do not see me putting VW or BMW stickers on my computer, then why would I put a Apple stickers on my car. :confused: :)

Jsmit

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2004
Boston
maya said:
I have yet to find a reason even a bad one for that matter to use the Apple stickers.

You do not see me putting VW or BMW stickers on my computer, then why would I put a Apple stickers on my car. :confused: :)

Back in college I was so tempeted to put a VW sticker on my Idigo iMac, culd never bring myself to do it. It would have ruined the iMac. However, a VW sticker made its way on to my word processor (I used that beast for a year and a half before I switched, even though I had a working PC. I hated that PC). Never had a use for the Apple stickers though.

Wasn't the PB 5300 pretty bad? I never had one, but I have not heard good things.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Blue Velvet said:
Or maybe it was one of Steve's things and nobody wanted to say 'Umm... Boss, that's a really crap idea...'

Steve would have you fired on the spot. Or shot. Or laser beams would be shot from his eyes and fried you. :rolleyes:

tubedogg said:
It's more fun if you put them ON the IT guys themselves. ;)

:D That's what iCall a good dress code...

rtdgoldfish

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2004
Nashville, TN
I guess I own every bad product Apple makes. I've got one of the G3 iBooks with a logic board that has been replaced three times now. As far as the stickers go, one came off at the carwash a few weeks ago and my last one is on there now. When it falls off, guess it's time for a new computer...

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
Mechcozmo said:
Steve would have you fired on the spot. Or shot. Or laser beams would be shot from his eyes and fried you. :rolleyes:

How about thrown in a tank with piranhas and sharks with freaken laser beams mounted on they head. ;) :)

Apple needs to move its torture methods to the 21 century. ;) :)

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
iPod 3G

For me at least. I went through 3 ipods in 8 monthes due to hardware related issues (not accidental). Thats just me though, I Have friends who have them and they are still on there first.

I guess I just have bad luck.

V.A.Toss

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2003
Well i dont think its made by apple, but Nanosaur is pretty awful. It was shipped with macs.

Then again, i still play Exile and Blades of exile. So what wud i know.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
rhpenguin said:
Worst product ever i would have to say is the iBook series with the defective logic boards. Those things are pieces of low quality crap.

I still have mine :( trying to get rid of it ...

I second the vote for the line of 800mhz G3 iBooks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.