So Christmas is coming. What will you be doing?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacBoobsPro, Nov 29, 2006.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I will probably end up pissed from the day i finish work (22nd) right up to Christmas Day where I will have a stonking hangover then on Boxing Day I will continue where I left off until the 2nd of January, when I have to go back to work.

It will probably be a family Christmas. Stay at home with immediate family etc nothing fancy as its just too expensive to do anything anyway (you know with all the beer I HAVE to buy).

What about everyone else?

2. Queso macrumors G4

Christmas lunch at a top hotel in Central London, then chill out in the evening at home. Boxing Day we're seeing the Spamalot matinée then ice-skating at Somerset House.

And Prague for New Year.

3. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Wooo... lardy dah! :D

Did you get that £10,000 I sent you?

4. Queso macrumors G4

Not sure. A mere five-figure sum doesn't even register unless I look closely :D

5. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Family Christmas in Tromsø with my parents and my brothers. My niece will join us later on (26th or 27th I think).

6. bartelby macrumors Core

To avoid the in-laws I'm taking the missus to a quite little pub for a 7 course Christmas dinner on Xmas day!:D

7. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Now that is forward thinking! I like it.

8. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Ahh Spamalot- what an awesome, awesome play. Then again, The Holy Grail is my all time fave.... :)

We do the same thing every christmas. Christmas Eve is w/ my mother's side of the family, all my uncles, aunts, cousins, family friends, ect., at my grandparent's house here in Bayonne, always a great time and the best meal of the year, by far. I look forward to that dinner every year... it's better than the gifts, by far. Always a great time.

Christmas day is immediate family only, at my parent's house, low key, relaxing. Good times. May head out to dee Rocky balboa with the parents and my brother some time on Christmas Day... we'll see.

Kind of glad Chrismas Eve is on a sunday- I usually get off of work right after lunch on Christmas Eve... so that means friday the 22nd will be a half day- very nice. That also means that I will be doing a ton of setting up Christmas Eve, but tis always nice to help out. This year will be really crazy as we are in the process of remodelling the entire first floor of my granparents house and adding a wee little addition out the back. It will be done in time for the holiday, but that also means there will be a lot of work to do.

9. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

10. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

I'll be going to my Grandma's on Christmas Eve and my house on Christmas Day. I'm home from college for a full month over break, so it's all good!

11. hikeNM macrumors 6502a

12. Foggy macrumors 6502a

Get up in the morning stupidly early, let daughter open a couple of pressies, get dressed and head over to Hyde Park for the Christmas Day race in the Serpentine, head back home with in-laws in tow, eat too much food, chill out for a bit.

13. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Finish work on Xmas Eve... Back in on the 27th. Going to Blackpool on Boxing Day for Carlisle's Away game. (Thank god its away, or id be working on Boxing Day as well) That'll be me I thinks, even be working new years day... Ohhhhhh Well.

14. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

In 2000 I had to work New Years day.

It was the big millenium bash the night before and I went to the massive Gatecrasher event here in Sheffield. My mate was a 'crasher kid' and so talked me into having Silver spikey hair. My hair was quite long so my mate put loads of gel and hairspray crap in my hair to make it stand up. Along with silver paint stuff. I left the event at 6.30am and had to be at work for 8am. There was so much crap in my hair I could not wash it out or even shape it into something 'normal'. I had to go to work with giant silver spikes in my hair. I looked like a right ****.

15. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Niceeeeee. I work New Years Day most years, as a general rule Christmas day is my only day off of the year. 2 in a row this year tho, wont know what to do with myself.

Nothing like dealing with the General Public to cure a hangover...

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Impaitentely waiting for the day to end since christmas is just a huge pain in the ass for me.

17. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Hanging with the family, setting up whatever electronics they got each other that they asked my opinion on, but then ignored said opinion, making set up 3000X harder, abusing my free mobile to mobile on cingular if the boything isn't busy, having to cook my own vegetarian food while everyone scarfs down ham... same ol' same ol' :D :p

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Not sure yet. Caroline comes home from university a week or so before Christmas so we'll probably spend most of that in towns and cities. Funny... we love the atmosphere. Don't have to buy anything. Good when it snows too, Manchester looks frikkin beautiful in Winter.

Spending Christmas eve together. shes back with her family for midnight mass (how do you spell that? out of curiosity!). probably see each other again on Boxing day. Going nowhere. Whole family round for Christmas dinner (helps having a large dining room and a drive to fit all their cars and then some!). Can't wait :)

19. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

me 2!
    ...doing what every jew does.... movies and Chinese food! :D :rolleyes:

20. Queso macrumors G4

But surely you have to have both a wedding and someone getting murdered. Or are you telling me Corrie isn't accurate? ;)

21. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

I'm off to Perth, Aus, for an outrageous four weeks! Didn't please the boss, but try keeping me away now... off in two weeks' time! yayyyyyy :D

22. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

We flit between our parents each year – Miss Jaffa Cake's live in Hull, mine don't. This year we're off up to my parents for a few days before, and coming back into Hull on Christmas Eve just in time for a slap-up tea and drinking session.

Ho ho ho indeed. :)

23. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I'm flying to Maryland. I'm nervous though, I haven't flown since before 9/11

24. Queso macrumors G4

Don't be. If you think about it, you're far safer now due to the increased security.

Make sure you take shoes you can easily slip on and off though. And Merry Christmas :)