so confused...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by apachie2k, Nov 23, 2006.

1. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

so i have 75 GB hardrive after partitioned my 100 GB....
    anyways i'm starting to think that i have many doubles (songs) because i only have like 4 GB left... I only have about 3,000 songs in 14 GB in my iTunes, and 5GB of pictures, and that's all i care about... how do i find out what the hell is taking over my computer

i want to consolidate my itunes library...but i don't want it to copy everything again...i don't have enough room for that...i just want it to move all my music into one place...

any help would be much appreciated...

2. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

How about sorting by file/folder size in the Finder? It takes some time for the system to calculate the folder sizes, but by working top down you should be able to find out what's filling up your hard drive.

Of course you shouldn't delete any files in the System or Library folders, exept you know what you're doing.

3. apachie2k thread starter macrumors 6502

apachie2k

4. apachie2k thread starter macrumors 6502

apachie2k

does any one know how to slim down a ridiculous iphoto size... i have 4.3 GB of photos and 10GB in the iphoto folder...

5. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

I'm not sure about this. But wasn't there a programm with which you could automatically delete the originals inside the iPhoto Library when you had a revised version of that picture. :confused:

6. thebiggoose macrumors 6502

thebiggoose

a program called Whatsize? helped amazingly with this exact problem for me!

7. apachie2k thread starter macrumors 6502

apachie2k

thanks for all your comments... hopefully i will be able to figure this one out :confused: :confused: