Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uEih

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2012
Does the mid-2012 air have better battery life? I don't get any of these stats this article shows here. I use to be around 6-7 hours when i got this with Lion but now ever since the new update to Mountain Lion and the 10.8.2 it's running around 5.5 hours max and that's with very low brightness, about 10%. Is this only me because i hear some other people getting better battery life.

http://osxdaily.com/2012/06/26/battery-life-on-macbook-air-2012-is-better-than-advertised/

Right now i'm sitting at 4 hours with 70% left and backlit off, 10% brightness on screen. That other 30% seems to disappear within 1 hour which i find a bit off.

EDIT: Anyone else use full screen on Safari? I like to use it because it's easier to switch but it seem to be hogging a lot of the battery.

Last edited:

Raejin

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2012
I'm using mid-2012 air but I think the battery life gets a bit worse than it was before.

From 100% to 99% takes less time than it did before the last update :\

Does the mid-2012 air have better battery life? I don't get any of these stats this article shows here. I use to be around 6-7 hours when i got this with Lion but now ever since the new update to Mountain Lion and the 10.8.2 it's running around 5.5 hours max and that's with very low brightness, about 10%. Is this only me because i hear some other people getting better battery life.

http://osxdaily.com/2012/06/26/battery-life-on-macbook-air-2012-is-better-than-advertised/

Right now i'm sitting at 4 hours with 70% left and backlit off, 10% brightness on screen. That other 30% seems to disappear within 1 hour which i find a bit off.

EDIT: Anyone else use full screen on Safari? I like to use it because it's easier to switch but it seem to be hogging a lot of the battery.

mertyz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2011
A few days ago, I used Photoshop CS6 for half an hour to design a poster while
AirPort was turned off and the brightness was set to 7-8 bars. When I was done, I still had 9 hours and 4 minutes of battery life left :)

wassup121

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2010
ive dropped 50% in just 2 hours of internet browsing. no videos even, just reading.

still waiting. this sucks. :apple:

sparayno1

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
I am getting constant 7-8 hours of straight usage while browsing with clicktoflash and adblocker. I am satisfied with battery life. 2012 13.3 MacBook Air.

boba7523

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
I think that the people who are not getting battery life improvements after doing a clean install of 10.8.2 either have a faulty battery or faulty hardware. I mean how is it possible that the rest of us are getting good battery life when we are doing the same method of 10.8.2 installation? Can't be software issue.....

masands

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2010
The battery indicator in 10.8.2 is completely wrong. It reports around 4:52 from full charge but ends up lasting 7-8 hours. Usually gets stuck at 4:52 for around 1-1.5 hours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.