So do petitions do any good or what?

Discussion in 'Games' started by couch potato, Aug 15, 2003.

1. couch potato macrumors regular

Weeks ago, i was posting a link for Half-Life 2 and Enemy Territory petitions on gameranger. When i posted them, i just recieved flak. "Petitions are a waste" and "developers don't pay attention to them anyway". So, are petitions really any good? I think they are, but its no good if only a few people do. Another issue was a person signing the petition more than once:( I know we got a lot for a half-life 2 peition, but i guess it didn't work anyway. Why don't they just release a limited number of HL2 copies for mac, and see how that does:) If they sell out, then put some more out:)

2. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

It depends on volume of responses and how important the issue is considered. Where you posted the petition may not have seen those games as important, so there was little interest.

On the other hand, the petition for making the MDD PowerMacs quieter affected loads of people, and was seen as very important because of Macs being used in professional audio.

Anyway, the cost of developing an application for the Mac isn't putting it on the shelves, it's porting it, so if they ever did do it, they'd wouldn't release a few copies and then top it up.

AppleMatt

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

i think the problem was porting it, not putting it on a CD.

:(

The money is for devolpers cost, not manufacturing.