So.... Do The New Nanos Scratch Easily?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by farqueue, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Not that I can see. I put a screen protector over my black 8 gb, but the rest of the ipod looks really good so far. I'll let you guys know in a few days.

2. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

They better not! :mad:

But seriously, they HAVE to be better than the 1G nano's.... right? :eek:

3. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Im not sure about the blacks, but they should also be smudge proof too.. :)

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

If they are built like the old minis (and it sure does look that way), they will take plenty of abuse.

5. Synapple macrumors regular

Yeah, they seem pretty resistant... I'm only slightly worried about the screen... I guess I'll know in a few days! :)

6. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

My old Mini is basically scratch-free, and it's always been naked. I did drop it on pavement, etc. and got a few dings as a result. If the coating/finish is the same, the new nanos should be fine.

7. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

That is not setting the bar very high. The prior ones looked like they traveled to hell and back in no time at all. With a minimum standard of care, the new ones should be fine for the entire period of ownership.

8. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I'm hoping I can buy one and not need to buy another case for it and be able to take it to the gym. I have an iSkin but I heard that they aren't compatible. Maybe if I cut another hole in the bottom of it that might work?

9. farqueue thread starter macrumors 6502

farqueue

why cant they make the screen like the on that Motorola v3 razr has??? i have my keys and stuff together with the phone and it hasnt scratched one bit

10. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

One of the guys at the local Apple Store (Charlotte) told me yesterday that he's pretty sure the new 2G nano screens are tough Lexan, not the easily-scratched soft non-Lexan polycarbonate of the 1G nano's screen. (Yes, Lexan is A form of polycarbonate, but there are others.) He put his fingernail to the screen of a new nano pretty hard, and I didn't see any scratching.

11. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

My girlfriend just bought an 8GB black nano and it has 2 scratches on it right below the screen. She didn't notice until she got home, now we have to go back to the store and return it in the morning. I'm not sure if it's a sign of thing to come, but the black looks like it can be easily scratched/scuffed.

12. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Just to let you know the iskin for the 1G nano DOES fit the 2G not a perfect fit but it will hold it

13. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I tired to scratch my black nano and couldn't on the case, but the click wheel has a few marks now. Nothing major, and you can only really see it if your looking for it. I think they are pretty tough.

14. needthephone macrumors 6502a

If they are anodised aluminium they should be VERY hard and scratch resistant-Lexan is Polycarbonate which isn't particuarly scratch resistant (its plastic after all) although its bullet proof if thick enough!

http://www.alu-info.dk/Html/alulib/modul/A00313.htm

15. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

:eek: Dude your crazy for trying to scratch your ipod! It's good to know that they don't scratch easily. maybe my girl just got a defective model.